34: Buying a Birthday Cake

It was a long-lost sunny day on New Year's Eve. The sky was clear and clear, and the sun was warm and warm. It made people feel warm and comfortable.

Dong Pang and Lao Wang went to the market together to buy fresh vegetables to eat on New Year's Eve.

Dong Pang has always been particular about food, and he had the opportunity to buy good ones a few days ago, but Dong Pang insisted that fresh ones taste better, so he waited until New Year's Eve.

After walking around the vegetable market, Dong Pang bought a live chicken, a large piece of fresh pork, two pork ribs, and a sea bass with no spines that was suitable for Xiaogu taro.

Then there are some fresh seasonal vegetables. Dong Pang bought a lot in a hurry, determined to show his skills on New Year's Eve, so that everyone can have a good New Year.

Just by looking at Dong Pang's enthusiasm for buying vegetables, Lao Wang knew that the food tonight must be very exciting, and he was not at all tired of helping to bargain and pick up the vegetables.

After buying food, the two went to a shop selling fireworks and firecrackers. Lao Wang picked out a few large landmines that exploded very loudly, and a bunch of long red firecrackers. Dong Pang didn't plan to buy them at first. I think buying firecrackers is better than buying more boxes of milk for his little taro to drink.

But Dong Fat saw several children, accompanied by their parents, come in to buy fireworks and small firecrackers.

The children all look like experts, what kind of "big red eagle", "throwing cannon" or "fairy stick" is what they want.

The name can be deceiving.

Dong Pang couldn't help asking: "Boss, are the ones bought by the kids just now fun? Can four-year-olds play with them?"

The boss hesitated: "Four years old, you can buy a few boxes of wrestling cannons or fairy sticks, and I don't recommend the others."

Dong Pang thought that other children had something to play with, and he definitely couldn't live without the little taro, so he bought four boxes each according to the boss's recommendation.

The boss put the things in a plastic bag with a smile and changed the money.

Carrying the bag and going out the door, as soon as I turned around, I saw a mother and child coming out of the cake shop next door. The mother was holding a square transparent box in her hand, which contained a delicious-looking cake.

When Old Wang saw the cake, he thought of something: "Old Dong, should we also buy a cake for Little Taro?"

Fatty Dong: "Cake? What is it?"

He had only heard of pastries.

Lao Wang explained to Dong Pang that cake is what everyone eats on their birthdays, and said, "It's a pity we don't know the birthday of Little Taro, otherwise we can celebrate his birthday."

Dong Pang thought for a while: "Since I don't know, why not spend it on New Year's Eve, let's go, let's go buy cakes!"

Thinking of the little taro smiling happily when he saw the cake, Dong Pang felt elated.

He walked into the cake shop with Lao Wang. The proprietress inside was wearing a chef's hat and a mask. She looked good. When she saw someone, she asked, "What do you want?"

Fatty Dong: "Cake."

The proprietress understood, and took out the cake album, "Choose what you want, there are six inches, eight inches and ten inches. Now you can come and pick it up in the afternoon after you buy it."