41: My Brother Promises

After that, Yan Ji came to Dong Pang's house almost every day, almost always in the afternoon, telling stories to Xiaoguyu and teaching Xiaoguyu to read and write.

Because he came more diligently, when Dong Pang and Rong Xiao had something to do, he would ask him to help look after Xiao Guyu.

After a long time, Yan Ji even learned to cook for this. His cooking skills are not as good as Dong Pang's, and the food he cooks is only cooked, but every time Xiaoguyu will eat it up.

Sometimes when Dong Pang came back late, Yan Ji would prepare their meals together by the way.

Zhuangyuanlang, who had never been in the kitchen before, is now very proficient in using kitchen utensils.

Rong Xiao and Dong Pang were very grateful for Yan Ji's help. On this day, after Yan Ji left, Rong Xiao and Dong Pang had a small meeting.

Rong Xiao's face looked fair and bright under the candlelight, she slowly said to Dong Fat: "Have you considered inviting Yan Ji to stay at home?"

Dong Fat didn't expect Rong Xiao to say that when he opened his mouth, and he said honestly, "Yes, but will he really agree?"

Dong Pang felt a little uncertain.

Rong Xiao smiled, her tone was firm: "He will agree, but now our house only has two rooms, and there are people living in both of them, which is a troublesome matter."

Dong Pang immediately said: "This is not a problem, I can build a room for him tomorrow and come out!"

He has recently changed from a brick mover to a slightly skilled cement worker, and he has a better understanding of the process of building a house. If he wants to build a small room for one person, there is still no major problem.

Besides, since they are the ones who want to invite Yan Ji to live in their home, they must be sincere.

You can't open your mouth without building a house.

Rong Xiao thought more deeply than Dong Pang: "Don't wait for tomorrow, go buy materials today, we can't drive in here, and the goods can't be delivered to our doorstep."

If you are shopping at night, you can use mana to carry it secretly while there is no one at night.

Dong Pang: "Okay!" He immediately took the money he had saved recently and went to the small brick factory in the town. During his time at the construction site, he learned a lot from listening to the chatter of his fellow workers, including how to buy materials cheaply.

...

In the same night, Dong Fat carried cement, red bricks and other building materials back home and put them in the yard, planning to start construction at dawn.

Although he only wanted to build a small room, the material costs cost more than 2,000 yuan, and Dong Pang was still a little bit pained.

Early the next morning, Dong Pang finished his breakfast and called Xiao Guyu and Rong Xiao out to eat.

Xiaoguyu slept a little drowsy today, dozed off while walking crookedly, and walked to the well in the yard with his small washbasin and toothbrush cup.

After brushing his teeth for a while, the child finally regained his senses, and looked at the pile of bricks that suddenly appeared in the yard with doubts: "Dad, Mom, where did these things come from?"

Dong Fatty explained: "Mom and Dad plan to invite Brother Yan to live at home. These things are the materials for him to build a house."

When Xiaoguyu heard this, the sleepy bugs on his body ran away in an instant, and his little face showed a surprised expression: "Brother, will you live with us in the future?"