45

The room just filled with silence.

That makes it awkward...

"Violan, are you okay?”

Deruth tried to make conversation and continued to gently stroke Violan's shoulder.

"Is it true, that, that necklace, is a hypnotic necklace?"

Violan asks with with voice, as she cannot accept reality.

Deruth could only nod.  It wasn't like he could lie after getting carried away by the emotion when he scolded Vance.

"I thought, that necklace was a gift given to women when they liked them..."

Deruth was confused.  Are necklaces like that a trend?

"Even my ex-husband gave me a necklace similar to the one De, I mean Vance gave me. Have my feelings been played with all this time?"

Violan didn't want to believe that. She looks so desperate right now.

"Honestly, it's love hypnosis. It makes the person who uses it fall in love with the person they see for the first time. You're very beautiful, so I think they might want you too much..."

Deruth tries his best to calm Violan's feelings.

Even so, their method was wrong!  Absolutely wrong!

Many noble daughters wore it and said it was a sign of love because the necklace was very expensive.

But who would have thought...

"Men are such bastards."

Even though Violan didn't mean Deruth, it still stabbed him because he was a man.

But, Deruth smiled gently.

"That's right. Men are a monster in sheep's clothing..."

Deruth only agreed because women who are upset always just want to be heard, not advised.

"You are like that too. You are a man too."

Violan glanced sharply at Deruth.

"Yeah, I'm a bastard too. So don't be sad anymore. Your face is more pretty when you smile."

Deruth gently pets Violan's head.

Hearing that, Violan laughed.  At least Deruth really loves her as a wife, not because she's beautiful or whatever.

If it was like that, she wasn't the one who needed to pin him on the bed.

“Deruth, are you really not used to things in bed?”

Violan asks with a teased voice.

Deruth flinched slightly when he heard that.

"I told you I have no experience.  And last time I almost broke your waist."

Deruth looked away with the tip of his ears red a bit.

Violan's cheeks reddened when Deruth reminded her of that incident.

This made Deruth not touch her for a week because he was afraid he would hurt her again.

"In that case, how about we start with something easy?"

Violan smiled holding Deruth's shoulder.

"We can start with a kiss."

Deruth held his breath, as Violan still teased him, and brought their faces closer.

.

.

.

"I'll do some work at the office."