"Lily likes sweet and savory things like bacon or cupcakes."

Vence answered easily while Deruth was deep in thought.

"Lily, do you like fruit the most?"

Deruth was very unsure this time.  That was because, Deruth only knew what Lily didn't like, not what Lily liked.

It was because Lily's face was the same when she ate everything she liked.

Like and not like.  That's all that was on Lily's face when she was 4 years old.

Violet smiled gently.

Indeed, it's not easy to find out what a child's favorite food is when they don't tell them.

'Mom, I love sweets!  But I like fruit sweet the most!'

But to see Deruth thinking hard about what Lily liked, showed Deruth was serious about answering the question.

"Last question, what is my favorite food that you know?"

If Vance didn't answer her well, he really deserved to be thrown to the sea.  Violan already had that in her head.

'How could I fall for a scumbag like this?'

Violan thought that as he looked at the floor.

"You like chicken satay, we used to eat it together."

Vance said that as if he was nostalgic.

Deruth frowned hearing that.

"That's because the invention of the skewer recipe belongs to the Violan family. How can Violan not like the food created by his ancestors?"

Violan and Vance were shocked to hear that.

"How do you know?"

Violan never told Deruth or Vance about it.

It's a family secret that has been passed down for generations.

"That's because you always criticize the satay you eat as if you've used to taste it perfectly cooked.  You also look sick when you eat satay."

There is only one reason why someone can get sick when they eat satay.

"Because you often eat it because your parents sell it."

Violet smiled.  Deruth really watched them all intently.

"And your favorite food is tacos."

This time Deruth answered confidently.

Violan's eyes widened as her cheeks blushed slightly.

Deruth didn't answer children's favorite foods with certainty, but he was sure about Violan's favorite foods.

"Why do you think it's my favorite food?"

Violan wanted to know why Deruth could be so sure.

Deruth looked elsewhere as the tips of his ears turned slightly red.

"Because you have the prettiest and cutest face and emotion when you eat tacos."

Badump, badump.

Violan was feeling so happy to hear that.  Even though he had only eaten tacos a few times in the past 6 years, Deruth could see her emotions.

It's true, tacos are her favorite food.

Violan looked back at Vance with a cold gaze.

"How can you consider yourself a father when you don't even know the favorite food of those children you care about? And don't even seem to think about it? Even me, my favorite food, you don't know."