The man looked between the three people behind me, "You can only have two plus ones," he informed me. 

Oh well, guess she should probably leave so Arya and Vincent can get in. 

"Nonsense, let them all in," I heard her familiar voice say, forcing my eyes to dart over to Syd—who was exiting the club. 

Her light hair was down with a few strands pinned from her face and she had on subtle makeup—wearing a graphic tee with the sleeves rolled up and cargo pants. 

I couldn't help but happily smile as we all walked toward the club entrance—causing Syd to pull me into a hug where her hand fell very low on my waist. 

"Mon cherie," she murmured in my ear as we briefly hugged. 

I smiled slightly as we pulled away, "Missed me?" I teased as Syd pressed a brief kiss on my glossy lips. 

"I think the people missed you more," she said with a raised brow. 

And before I could say anything else I was pulled away by Vincent, "Okay-okay, so nice to meet you!" he called out to the woman as he pulled me into the club—leaving Syd with a slightly confused expression. 

What is wrong with him? 

I rolled my eyes as we entered the crowded loud club, "Why would you do that?" I called over the music. 

Vincent motioned behind us, where I knew she was following closely behind, "Because I'm ninety percent sure that Noa was reaching for her gun," he called out, which easily made me shake my head. 

She doesn't get to do this—the jealous act is only for people who have a right to be jealous. 

And she definitely doesn't have that right. 

I gave him a deadpan look, "She doesn't have the right to act like that," I told him, climbing the stairs toward the section that I knew Syd had reserved for me. 

But Vincent only shrugged, "Tell that to her," he said, but even I knew I wouldn't be saying as much as one word to her. 

"Whatever," I said as we approached the section that overlooked the packed club. 

The air felt warm with excitement, even if her presence managed to overpower it.

I pulled Arya to my side as we approached the couch and table, "Shots?" I questioned, knowing I desperately needed to get some alcohol in my system. 

And when Arya nodded a few times, I grabbed one of the bottles from the ice bucket, twisting open the cold bottle before pouring the shots. 

But I was quickly halted when the bottle was taken out of my hands. 

"My apologies ma'am—I can take it from here," the waiter said, clearly apologetic. 

I waved him off, "It's not a big deal—I can pour them," I said, knowing it wasn't that hard to pour shots. 

But the man only shook his head, "Ms. Roche told me to take really good care of you," he informed me, and I knew he was referring to Syd. 

"I think she can pour the shots herself," her voice suddenly rang out, and even if it had only been thirty minutes of her silence—I found myself yearning for her to speak again. 

The man looked over to Noa, who leaned back into the couch, subtly flashing the gun on her hip. 

I shook my head at her, hating that she was even speaking for me in the first place. 

"Just let me know if you need anything, ma'am," the man said, clearly looking intimidated. 

I smiled softly at him, hating that he felt so scared, "I'll make sure to put in a good word for you," I assured him, which earned a grateful smile from him before he practically ran off. 

Vincent clasped his hands together, "Well, I'm glad that's settled," he awkwardly said, leaning away from the couch to grab one of the filled shot glasses, which forced Arya to do the same. 

But I only gave Noa a narrowed look, finally looking at her after avoiding her stare for so long. 

"It was settled in an unnecessary manner," I declared, grabbing one of the filled shots and clinking it with Arya's and Vincent's. 

And as I threw the shot back, Noa said, "Oh, sorry, I'll just shoot him first next time." 

I clenched my jaw as I swallowed the burning liquid, "You shouldn't be here," I said, wishing that she'd just leave. 

That they'd all just leave. 

Their presence is only forking up the past. 

Noa smirked, clearly not taking my words personally, "Yet, here I am," she said. 

I poured another shot, "Yes... here you are—after what? Six months?" I retorted, easily making Noa's jaw tighten. 

Vincent's eyes widened slightly as he awkwardly turned to Arya who was scrolling through her phone—initiating a conversation with her so he didn't have to get involved in ours. 

"That's not fair," Noa deemed, knowing I was digging into our past. 

I only laughed coldly, "I think it's entirely fair," I said, throwing my second shot back. 

And before Noa could counter, I began backing away so I could head down to the main part of the club—knowing that I wasn't about to let her ruin my night. 

"You know I had—" Noa suddenly stood from the couch when I turned on my heel, "I'm not finished talking to you," she said, but I didn't bother to stop walking. 

"Well, I'm finished talking to you," I called over my shoulder, descending the stairs and leaving her with Vincent and Arya. 

Time to find my next hookup—and possibly a few more shots.