However, those plans were soon shut down when one of the suited men approached me. 

I felt my heart leap in my chest, hoping it was Noa behind the man's actions. 

But my heart easily sunk back down when he said, "Ms. Spade, there's a package for you." 

I nodded, forcing my smile to remain on my lips—the smile that had been caused by the mere idea of Noa. 

I took small sips of my cold water as I followed the man down the hallway, zoning out completely as I thought back to Noa. 

God, at this point I'm tired of even hearing her name echo in my head. 

But it didn't stop the nagging thoughts from growing even further. 

Ugh, I just feel so back and forth. 

My brows furrowed when I realized we were now walking outside into the backyard. 

Wait, I thought he said there was a package for me? 

Suddenly, my nerves grew heightened—recalling that we were definitely in a full-blown war right now. 

I mean what if this was a setup? 

And before I could think it through, I was twisting the man's arm before knocking him to the ground with my leg. 

The man let out a groan as I towered above him, analyzing his face completely. 

I couldn't tell if I was paranoid—but then again, it made no sense to lead me out here for a package. 

"While that was hot—I would rather you not attack our own men," I could hear her call from behind me. 

I felt an aching smile grow on my face that I forced myself to push away. 

Why do I feel such a warmth in my chest at even the sound of her voice? 

"I didn't know if he was an enemy—" 

But I was quickly cut short when my eyes landed on Noa—who was holding a bouquet of yellow flowers. 

Are those for me? 

As I remained dumbstruck with my lips parted slightly, Noa walked over to me with a playful smirk. 

She extended the bouquet to me, "For leaving you this morning," she said, sliding her arm around my waist as I hesitantly took the flowers. 

I felt my lips twitch up into a wider smile, staring down at the flowers as I said, "Oh, you were gone this morning? I hadn't even noticed.

But even I knew the statement sounded farfetched. 

Noa chuckled, pulling me into her body completely, "Mm, sure angel," she said, going along with the nonchalant act. 

I hummed happily, feeling entirely soothed, "I'm just glad you're here," I said, smelling the beautiful flowers. 

Noa cocked her head to the side, "Why wouldn't I be?"

I froze slightly, realizing I had voiced my internal worries—that were now soothed—aloud to Noa. 

I cleared my throat awkwardly, "I-uh-I just hadn't seen you all day, and I didn't really know where you were—and I uh..." I trailed off, feeling entirely out of my element. 

Noa hummed in amusement, tucking one of my stray hairs behind my ear, "Hmm was someone worried about me?" 

I parted my lips dramatically, "What? No way—I totally wasn't," I said, shaking my head a few times which inevitably earned a string of chuckles from Noa.