369 - 372

Chapter 369 : Rejection (Second update)

When Li Yuanmin heard Li Yuanrui's name, his complexion became more and more gloomy.

"Let him in." Li Yuanmin said with a cold snort.

He wanted to see why Li Yuanrui came to him at this time!

Li Yuanrui was led into the hall by the little eunuch.

Sensing the unusually low air pressure in the hall, Li Yuanrui felt a little uneasy.

"Your brother sees the emperor."

While saluting, Li Yuanrui glanced at Li Yuanmin cautiously.

Seeing Li Yuanmin's gloomy expression, his heart sank immediately.

It seems that Li Yuanmin should know what happened at yesterday's birthday.

That's right, how could Li Yuanmin not know that things have gotten to this point.

"Get up."

Li Yuanmin waved his hand, his attitude was a little cold.

This has never been done before.

Li Yuanmin has many brothers, but he only has the best relationship with Li Yuanrui. This is a friendship he grew up with.

In the past when Li Yuanrui came to see Li Yuanmin, Li Yuanmin didn't greet him with a smile. He never imagined that he would be so cold today, with an appearance of rejecting people thousands of miles away.

"Brother Huang, the younger brother is guilty, please forgive him!"

Li Yuanrui knew that he couldn't hide it, so he retreated and knelt down on the ground to plead guilty.

"Oh, Yuan Rui, what crime did you commit?" Li Yuanmin asked lightly.

"My brother's birthday was yesterday, and many guests were invited to the banquet, but..."

Li Yuanrui didn't dare to hide anything, and explained everything that happened yesterday, as well as how he questioned Shu Min afterwards.

"Brother Huang, this matter is due to Mrs. Zhou and Mrs. Shangguan deliberately trying to trick the princess. The princess loves her daughter dearly, and that's why she committed such a foolish thing."

Li Yuanrui's eyes were red, showing a sad and remorseful expression.

He is putting all the responsibility on Liu Fang and Zhou Wanfang.

Not only did he not have the slightest responsibility, even Shu Min, the main culprit, had been greatly reduced in responsibility.

"Forget it, get up. This is a matter in your back house. You can handle it yourself. It's a shame for the royal family to make a mess like this."

Li Yuanmin felt a little uncomfortable seeing Li Yuanrui crying so miserably at his age.

After all, he is a good brother who grew up together since he was a child, and he still has some old feelings, and Li Yuanmin is not willing to criticize him too much.

As for Shu Min, this is Li Yuanrui's concubine, a woman from the back house. It is inconvenient for Li Yuanmin to punish her, so she can just leave it to Li Yuanrui to deal with it.

"Yes, Brother Huang, when I go back, I will definitely punish the princess well, so that she will never dare to use these insidious methods again!"

Hearing Li Yuanmin's words, Li Yuanrui knew that Li Yuanmin was not going to pursue his own responsibility, and he was happy in his heart, but he still looked sincere on his face, expressing that he would plead guilty.