Chapter 39 | The Truth

Evangeline

Another nightmare

Another nightmare. Great.
I'm still not over the fact that I killed a human being.
I really should go visit my old therapist. Or I can just blame myself for the rest of my freaking life.
But it's true. I am a fucking monster.
I take a deep breath in but my voice silently breakes.

It's probably 7 to 8 in the morning. But I can't sleep. I really can't. I close my eyes and take another deep breath in. It's okay, it wasn't your fault. I keep repeating it to myself.

Daxon grunts silently and puts an arm on my waist, pulling me closer to his naked chest.
"You're gonna be okay." He mumbles under his breath.

I give him a sad smile even though I know he can't see anything. How much I love this men. If it wasn't for him I would have probably committed suicide.

I hug him back and we stay like that for a while until I hear his soft snores escaping that beautiful lips of his.

I close my eyes once again and think lovely thoughts. Me and him. Me and my baby. Me and Daxon...

Before I can even think, I drift off to sleep.

...

I wake up with the really bright light coming from our already closed window.

I sit up from bed slowly and yawn silently, making sure to not wake my lovely boyfriend.

I get out from the sheets and walk towards the bathroom. Jeez my bladder is really full.

I do my business and start doing my skin care and daily routine.

As I finish doing all of that, i put on some short shorts and a turquoise top. I get out of the bathroom and see Daxon putting a white shirt on. Wow, I've never really saw him in a white shirt...

As he looks at me, Daxon gives me one of those bright smiles and I see his eyes shine. Like literally shine.

"Good morning." I say seductively and he smirks. "Morning Angel." I hug him placing my head on his heart.

He starts massaging my skull while I close my eyes and relax on his grip.

"Did you sleep well?" He says in that morning voice of his.

I really don't want him to worry about me so I decide to just... lie.

"Yes." I give him my most 'trustful' smile and he gives me a look. Busted.