Chapter 38 | Part Of The Mafia

Evangeline

Half of the day passed, and I still can't take the thought of my head that this vacation will soon come to an end

I don't even know what am I going to do with life after I get back home.

I guess I'll just find a job and apply to some university's where I can go next year. If I get accepted...

I took another warm shower after a calm and relaxing day.

I went to the spa with Sage, played tennis with Lucy, went to the beach with everyone, including the love of my life; Daxon.

We've been cuddling a lot lately, and when we were not cuddling, he would whisper dirty things in my ear and give me one of those slight and perfect smirk of his.

I open the bathroom door with letting my wet hair drip on my white t-shirt and I sit on my side of the bed next to were Daxon is looking at the ceiling.

I get closer to him.

"Baby are you alright?" I say in a cute tone as he turns around giving me a soft smile and hugging me close to his chest.

I cuddle him and we stay like that for some minutes.

I feel safe when I'm around him. Really safe.

It's like being in a battle field where there are dragons and soldiers trying to throw swords and bombs at you, but you just feel shielded from them. Because he is protecting me from everything.

Wow, I have been reading too many books lately.

I stare deeply into those grey eyes as they look sad and worried. Something I have never seen in Dax's face. Weird.

"Baby please tell me what happened, I know you're not okay.." I put my head in his chest getting as closer to him than ever.

"I- I need to tell you something." I hear him saying in a really, really low tone that I can barely hear him.

"What is it baby?" I sit up straight as he does the same slower.

I turn my body to face him and criss crosses my leg, looking attentive.

"Um... You know, I wasn't supposed to be here in Miami for the vacation." I stare at him as I nod for him to continue.

"My father made me come so I could do one of his dirty businesses." Daxon doesn't removes his eyes from mine.

"Okay... where is this going?..." " If I tell you, do you promise not to freak out or tell anyone?" I nod.

If he doesn't want me to freak out or tell anyone then I won't.

My mouth is sacred.

"I was supposed to... steal something that my father was wanting for a while." I continue looking at him, confusion written all across my face.