Chapter 21 | The Kiss

Daxon

Me and Duri catch up with the girls and I see Evangeline's face

Me and Duri catch up with the girls and I see Evangeline's face. Completely shock.

"Girl's what happened?" Duri asks. "Baby, do you wanna dance? please say yes is gonna be sooo romantic.." She intersects her fingers. "Of course sweetheart." He smiles, grabbing Sage's arm and guiding her to the dance floor.

Me and Evangeline just stay there awkwardly. Waiting for someone to tell us what to do. "Aren't you guys coming?" Duri asks, meaning: he also wants us to dance there.

Evangeline turns to look at me, wanting me to choose if we should go or not. I nod and hold her hand, also guiding her to the dance floor next to Sage and Duri.

A romantic music starts playing, I hold Evangeline's waist softly and she places her one of her hands in my right shoulder and the left in my left shoulder.

I pull her a bit, so she can get closer and we can actually act like a couple. We start swaying slowly, vibing the romantic song.

I take a while to notice what song is playing.

I know this singer, but I can't remember which song is this-

"Oh I know this song." Evangeline smiles. Showing her perfect teeths. How can her smile brighten my day? She, brightens my day.

There is a part of me that want us to be more than just a fake couple, but there is also another part of me that doesn't want anyone in my life.

I don't wanna fall in love, Because, things didn't worked out as well when my dad fell in love.

They both started fighting a lot, my mother started hatting him and his job.

She left us because of him. Because of my stupid Father.

"Ouch," Evangeline whines.

I look down at her and realise that I've been squeezing her waist in the thoughts of him. Shit. I just hurt my Angel.

"Oh, I'm so so sorry." I say looking straight at her beautiful brown eyes. "Its okay, it was just a small squeeze, you don't have to worry that much." Her smile not once leaving her face.

I smile, but I still feel guilty.

I cannot think about my father at the moment. Just by thinking of him I feel the urge to punch someone right across the jaw.

I clear my throat. "Um, you said you knew this song right?" I ask awkwardly.

"Um, yeah its 'perfect' by Ed Sheeran." Oh, I know that song. It reminds me of the women right in front of me. Evangeline. My Angel. That song is for her. She's perfect.