Chapter 37 | Nightmare

Evangeline

"You're a monster just like your mother

"You're a monster just like your mother." Anthony whispers as I clutch my knees to my chest.

"Why did you killed that poor man Evangeline? That's not you!" Mother screams with tears in her eyes.

"Stop! You're not real." I cry.

"You're a monster Evangeline Kay, you should be dead not me!" They both shout at the same time.

"Stop, please stop, I'm begging you-"

"Angel?" I open my eyes as I start breathing heavily. "Hey its okay baby, I'm here." Daxon massages my head as he kisses my forehead.

"It was just a bad dream." I close my eyes, calming myself down and then sleep drifts me away once again.

...

I wake up with my head on Daxon's strong chest.

I look up to see him still sleeping peacefully as he soft snores hit my ears.

I yawn and make a move to get up from the bed until a strong hand grips my waist and pulls me back down.

I giggle looking at my Daxon and seeing him with a little morning smile. So adorable.

"Aw, you look so cute." His smile vanishes and I giggle even more, moving my head towards his and giving him a soft peck on the lips.

"Good morning." I smile as I start moving my head into his scalp.

"Morning My Angel." Angel. That nickname still gives me butterflies.

He cups my cheeks and brings my head to his. Kissing my lips slowly and hungrily.

He then licks my bottom lip and enters his tongue inside my mouth.

Exploring the same spaces that he already felt.

I moan to the kiss and we both break it. Breathing heavily.

"Can I ask you a question?" Please don't ask about my nightmare...

"Do you love me?" I exhale but then I realise that he asked a even worse question.

To be honest... I do love him, even though I don't really know what love feels like. But Im sure I do love him.

"You don't need to answer that already." He gives me a calming smile. I keep staring at him but then I decide to say: "I love you." His eyebrows go up but then down again.