Chapter 16 | Rosetta

Evangeline

We wait so Sage's mother can come here and we can go to the water

I can't stop thinking about the fact that Daxon called me Beautiful and was really sweet with me. He even gave me a hug. I didn't know he was capable of doing that.

"Oh there's my mother!" Sage says running towards a women and hugging her. She also has a ginger hair and blue eyes. She seems familiar...

From where do I know her? I know that I know this women, but, from where?

"Hello." She says smiling and waiving at us. A perfect smile. I know that smile...

"Guys this is my mother Rosetta." My eyes widen. Is this The Rosetta that worked in my mother's office? The last person I saw from that office?

"Evie?" Sage says and I shake my head quickly. "Sorry what?" I ask. "My mom asked your name." "Oh, Um, I'm sorry." I smile awkwardly. "I'm Evangeline Kay."

The women's eye widens. She doesn't say a word. Just stares at me in shock. "You're... you're mother was Adelina Kay right?" I look down and try my best not to have any bad memories of that day. I nod, doing a fake smile.

"Oh, I'm so sorry," she hugs me and I hug her back. "Um... it's okay.." everyone's eyes are starring at us confused as fuck.

"I'm so so sorry for you and your mother, she was one of the best women I've ever met." I cry a bit in her shoulder. She stops hugging me and gives me a weak smile. I do the same.

"You remember me right?" She asks, trying to change subjects.

"Of course I do you were so nice to me and my family." I smile wider this time. Rosetta puts a hand in her heart and whispers a "thank you".

"Mom, what the fuck is happening?" Sage's confused voice comes. "Language." Her mother warns facing her.

"I'm eighteen." She says. "What is happening?" Sage asks. "Sage remember when I told you that I worked in an office?" Sage nods. "So, her mother worked in there too." Rosetta smiles and Sage understands everything, opening her mouth in shock.

"Now everything makes sense..." she says connecting the dots.

We talk for a while all of us. Introducing each other to Rosetta. Then, we all go to the water while Rosetta stays there taking care of our things.

Rosetta is a really nice women. I'm happy that she worked there and did the best to make me and mother happy.

"Hey," Sage whispers. "What?" I ask. "Sorry bout my mother, she didn't meant to remind yourself of your mother." I look at her.