Pitied

Blood dripped across the tatami mats as three figures lay barely alive on them.

Dull (E/c) hues stared off to the side as their owner's head was laying limp.

A white-haired male's figure trembled as he took in the bloody scene in front of him.

Unshed tears gathered up in his eyes as he held onto his dying younger brother's hand, watching the nichirin gun user evaporate into specks of ash.

The boy painfully smiled up at his older brother as he spoke his last words before finally leaving this world.

Pale purple hues darted upward as their owner took in the other two remaining dying figures that lay with not a single movement.

Getting up onto his feet, the male walked over to a teenager with (H/c) locks that no longer had that brightness in them due to being dyed with blood.

"(Y/n)..." The male whispered in a broken voice as he fell to his knees beside the teenager he secretly cared deeply for.

Another man that was taller than 7'0 closed a fellow Hashira's eyes that he crouched beside with tears going down his cheeks.

"Sanemi," the man whispered as blood dripped down the side of his face.

Sanemi shook his head as he reached out to the stone-cold (S/c) hand, and gripped it, heavily frowning when he didn't see the other grip back like they usually did.

The taller man walked over in Sanemi's direction after praying for the dead Hashira.

Crouching, the man placed a hand over Sanemi's own.

"He's dead, Sanemi." The man whispered.

Sanemi felt anger rise but decided not to lash out at the older figure in front of him.

His purple hues shook in pain as he allowed the other to take his hand away from the dead teenager.

"He wasn't supposed to die. None of them were supposed to die... None of them were supposed to fucking die, Gyomei, but they did! They could've all had a normal life if they weren't all forced into this shit at such young ages!" Sanemi shouted, but not at Gyomei, but at himself.

Gyomei stared blindly at the male in front of him.

He knew how much Sanemi cared for both Genya and (Y/n), along with Muichiro, even if the white-haired male didn't show it.

Gyomei released Sanemi's hand and placed his own on the said male's shoulder.

"We'll just have to fight for the legacies that they were trying to achieve. The only people that can do that are us, and everyone else fighting to defeat Muzan." Gyomei said.

Before Sanemi could say anything, a small painful caw captured both his and Gyomei's attention, causing them to both look down.

A small pure white crow kept headbutting (Y/n)'s head, trying to wake up its owner with tears in its eyes.

Sanemi gritted his teeth as he got up onto his feet.

The crow cawed painfully once more as its tears landed on the ground beside its owner's head.

"Akira... I'm so sorry," Sanemi apologized.