Chapter 72 - Owen

—A/N—

I didn't realize how much I wrote so you guys get a nice somewhat long chapter! This one might make you guys very happy!

Also I lied, I don't think I can make this pass 10 chapters.. ending is almost here

I accidentally posted the chapter last night because I was half awake.. if you saw it then no you didn't

I hope you enjoy this chapter, please vote and comment if you can! <3

~~~

~2 weeks later~

"You know there's an easier way to do this, right?"

"Owen, can you shut up for just one second of my life?" he sarcastically asked me, keeping his eyes on the computer screen.

Everyone was becoming so cranky after my return and Ellie's disappearance. Though I tried my best to help, they wouldn't let me since they thought I had already done enough damage. Well, it was mostly Lorenzo, Valentino didn't have much of a problem with me. I remember the other day we had found a bomb in one of the corners of the mansion, that's when Valentino had finally let me help out with something and it took about 2 days before everything was cleared.

I raised my hands up next to my head, "Alright Mr. Bad Boy, I was only giving you some ideas on what you could do to find a better location but forgive me for trying to help."

"You're the reason we got into this mess." he said under my breath.

He's been saying that for almost the past week, it broke me every single time. I knew it wasn't my fault, it was all so sudden and I tried to make sure my sister wouldn't die. It hurt me that he kept blaming it on me though.

In a sudden rage, I jumped off from the desk and walked around it, grabbing my water bottle and immediately throwing it at him, "Stop saying that shit!"

He picked up the water bottle and threw it back at me, hitting my chest, "You want me to lie?"

"It. Wasn't. My. God. Damn. Fault!" I shouted at him.

"Valentino told us to have our weapons on us anywhere we go, you were supposed to have yours with you so why didn't you?"

"You think I want my sister to see that my car was filled with guns, knives, even fucking grenades? Maybe you would pull some shit like that but I wanted to be responsible for a minute so she wouldn't freak out."

"And a gun was still put to her head because you didn't fight them off."

"I couldn't! What aren't you getting?!"

He got up from the chair and walked over to me. I was honestly scared he would hit me again but he didn't, he grabbed my wrist instead and walked me back around the counter, forcing me down to sit on the chair. He turned the chair to face the computer.

"You can fix your own fucking mistake since you want to tell me how to do it, take all the time in the world that you need. If our girl is gone for good, you're the one I'm blaming."

And with that, he stormed out of the office and shut the door with full force. I stayed still in my place, not knowing what I could even do next. I glanced over at the computer screen and then looked over at the door, I was lost and had no idea what to do.

I felt tears starting to form in my eyes, quickly wiping away one that had fallen down my cheek.

'It's your fault, Owen.'

It wasn't my fault.

Out of stress, I couldn't hold it back anymore and I began to cry. I put my elbows on the desk and kept my hands in a tight grip on my hair. The tears hit the wooden desk below me, my body started to shake as I felt myself starting to break down.