Chapter 28 - Valentino / Lorenzo

—A/N—

Fun fact; I nearly forgot all the characters names in this book somehow and replaced the names with different ones until I remembered what the original names were (I'm smart, I promise)

Sorry I'm not posting daily anymore, I just really don't like breaking night to finish the chapters and I'm trying to stay healthy, now I'm just kinda posting whenever I finish the chapters

ALSO THANK YOU FOR 4k+ READS ALREADY!!

I hope you enjoy this chapter, please vote and comment if you can! <3

~~~

~Valentino~ | ~3 weeks later~

"Ellie come on you need to eat." I said, trying to get her to open her mouth.

She moved back to avoid the food, "It l-looks weird, I'm really not hu—"

"If you make me get Lorenzo to force feed you again, I'm going to punish you so bad you won't be able to sit for a week." I threatened.

She stood silent, staring at me as her eyes widened and her cheeks started turning into a rosy color. I did everything in my power not to smile at how bad my words effected her, I needed to show her that I can't always be nice at times and she couldn't always get her way. If I wanted her to do something, I expected her to do it without further hesitation or questions but she did it anyway, hesitation was her biggest mistake around us.

"P-Please Valentino, I'm not hungry.." she whispered at me, her voice breaking.

"You are a horrible liar, princess. I know you're hungry from the sounds coming from your stomach the entire day, why aren't you eating?" I asked her more aggressively.

"I'm telling the truth, I'm just n-not hungry.. please s-stop yelling at me.."

Tears started to form in her eyes and I quickly took an action, "I'm sorry, gorgeous. I just want to make sure you eat something before you start to get sick."

"What's going on— you guys are still sitting here?" Owen asked as he came walking by the dining room.

I dropped the spoon down and turned over to look at him, "She's refusing to eat again, I took it too far and yelled at her a bit."

Owen looked over at her and started walking towards us, grabbing a chair and sitting right beside Ellie. Her body had tensed up and she started to breathe through her mouth, she had started to panic but I didn't know what about.

Ever since we told her about her father and the mafia, she had been startled by every little thing due to some kind of paranoia. If you talked too loud in front of her, she would cover her ears and close her eyes. If you said something to her in an aggressive manner, she would start to cry. If you made a sudden movement, she would flinch and move away from you. She's gone sleepless nights, waking up from nightmares or crying because she couldn't go to sleep, I would cuddle with her for hours until she fell asleep but it didn't last long.

I hated what Dante had done to the poor girl, I just knew he had done something more to her to make her do these kind of things and make her this scared. He traumatized her, and it would take a while for us to fix it.

"You don't have to finish the whole thing you know," he said, pulling the bowl towards him and picking up the spoon, "Is there something you don't like about it?"

She didn't reply to him, she just looked down at the table staring at a tear droplet that had fallen from her eyes. Her lip quivered as she tried to stay silent, keeping her sobs contained.