Chapter 49 - Ellie*

—A/N—

I just love traumatizing my characters and then making them have some fun time right after, it's my specialty now

I won't bore you with a long authors note this time, but I'll entertain you with two other long things in this chapter

I hope you enjoy this chapter, please vote and comment if you can! <3

~~~

~2 days later~

I had carefully painted a squiggly-like line over the dark background I had made earlier after waiting quite a while for it to dry. Grabbing a different brush, I made small strokes going upwards to match the picture that was sent to me of the northern lights.

I heard the door to the room open, turning around to see Owen walking inside with a bowl of fruit in his hand. He walked over to me and I put the paintbrushes down, spinning around to face my body his way.

"The painting is looking absolutely stunning," he complimented as he placed the bowl on the small table beside me, looking over at my face. He walked closer to me, wrapping his hands around my waist, "How's our beautiful girl doing so far?"

"I-I'm doing okay," I said, trying to hide the blush in my face, "Thank you for the fruit."

He looked over at the bowl and picked out a strawberry, placing it to my lips. Without a verbal demand, I opened my mouth and took a bite out of the sour but sweet fruit, chewing it.

"Good girl." Owen praised, pushing my body closer to him.

I hid my face in his chest to hide how red I was getting, hearing him chuckling above me. I swallowed the piece of strawberry and looked back up at him, giving him a soft smile. He gave me a wonderful and comfortable smile, pushing his lips to mine and kissing me. I kissed him back, my palms flat on his chest.

I pulled away from him, hating myself for doing it but I knew that if we continued, things would have gone a completely different direction and I wanted to finish this small project.

"The painting look's finished, is it done yet?" he asked.

I looked over at the painting, "All I have l-left is making some stars and... s-some more tiny trees." I said, looking back at Owen.

He kissed the tip of my nose, "I'll leave you alone for now so you can finish you're painting if you'd like."

I shook my head, "Y-You can stay if you want, I like your... company? I-Is that the right word?"

"Yes it is and I'd be delighted to stay."

He let go of my waist and walked over to sit on the bench, smiling at me. I smiled back at him and turned around, picking up a brush and dipping it in black paint to start making the last few trees I wanted to put. While doing that, I heard Owen speak once again.

"Oh, Lorenzo just came back from visiting Valentino. He's said he's gonna be released tomorrow but he will need to rest." he said.

I turned around and glanced at him, "Really? I miss him."

"He misses you too, without a doubt."

For the next few minutes, Owen and I had been talking about anything that came to mind while I continued to paint. The last 2 days had been hard for me, especially after everything that happened with Stefano.

I had cried to myself at night, calling myself the worst things out of guilt and regret. But Owen said it was self defense which I knew it was but I had never killed someone just like that. I pretended everything was okay just so we didn't have to talk about it, he didn't seem to notice and genuinely thought I was fine after.