Chapter 27

Sienna's POV

My eyes zeroed in on the target immediately as I raised my hand and pulled the trigger. The recoil from the gun shook my entire body and caused my wrist to bend backward at the sheer power of the blast. I winced and tried not to drop the gun, lowering my hand and taking my finger off the trigger in fear of shooting it again.

Fuck. The Smith and Wesson 500 was no joke.

I turned the safety on the gun and then assessed the damage done to the target board.

I clicked my tongue in disappointment. No headshots. No body shots. There wasn't a single bullet hole in the target. My eyes strayed to the left of the target and glimpsed the hole that was embedded into the wall.

I took my headset off and turned to Rob, who was standing behind me with his arms crossed. He nodded his approval. "Not bad for someone who just started learning."

"Not good enough." I sighed, glancing at the gun. "I hate this gun. Why do I have to use it again? It almost tore my fucking hand off."

Rob chuckled. "It has a powerful recoil. We need to get you accustomed to shooting the different types of guns. It'll make life easier for you, trust me."

I shook my hand which vibrated with pain and asked "When am I going to start sniping again?"

"You did that last week. Focus on this one. If you learn to master this, your proficiency on most of the other guns will go up."

I sighed and turned back to the glass. "Another try I guess."

Rob stepped forward and suggested. "Do you want my help? I can help you hold the gun to lessen the shock?"

I eyed him suspiciously, the image in my mind causing my stomach to roll. He didn't mean like that, did he?

"How are you going to do that?" I asked for clarity.

He shot me a look that had my insides crawling as he took another step forward. "C'mon Sienna. How else would I help you?"

I pursed my lips and turned my eyes toward the door to the room. We were currently in Xander's private shooting room that he had built in the basement of his home. For the first time since I started these shooting lessons, Rob and I were alone. Usually, it'd be Sam, Rob and I but something came up and Sam had to leave early.

I never really considered Rob much of a threat. There were times when he rubbed me the wrong way but I always overlooked it because he seemed like a wary man. There was no way he'd do something risky.

Or so I thought.

I shook my head as he approached and raised a hand to decline. "I'm good. I can do it myself."

He raised an eyebrow with a light smile. "Are you sure? That gun is hard to control for women."

I shot him a dirty look. "Then give me something suitable."

"This is suitable. It'll help your proficiency if you keep practicing."

"It'll blow my head off," I argued.

He stopped in front of me and raised a comforting hand to rest on my shoulder. "That's why I'm telling you to let me help you."

His thumb rubbed soothing circles on my shoulder and I quickly shook him off and stepped back, my eyes narrowing cautiously. "What are you playing at?"

"Just turn around and raise your hand." He moved to grab me again but I stepped out of his way and raised the gun to point at him.

"Stop joking around. I don't like it when you touch me." The safety on the gun clicked off, making it known that I was quite serious about shooting him if he continued to act out.