Chapter 12

Sienna's POV

Time slowly trickled away as the first batch of women went in. I didn't volunteer to go first. I wasn't in any rush either. For the first three hours, I sat and thought to myself, oftentimes engaging in conversation with Renae and Neo to keep them company. We had nothing to do and it was painstakingly boring.

To think we had to stay in this room all day waiting for our turns was crazy. Gabriella and Krystie had found a table close by with their teams and every once in a while, we'd sit next to each other to gossip.

After the first three hours of the game, there was no news on the women. The instructors simply told three other teams to enter. Perhaps the other teams before them were already out. They did say the time limit was three hours. Did they leave the building after completing the game?

Eventually, the men probably noticed how bored we were because soon enough, different types of games were brought in. From cards to uno to board games like Monopoly, we had a wide assortment of them.

Time flew faster after this and soon enough, it was late afternoon. It was nearing 5 pm, the set time for when the next three groups were to enter.

"I'm bored," Neo complained. "Why are you waiting so long to enter? Are you scared? Even your other two friends already went in the last game."

I pursed my lips and looked at the clock on the wall. "We're going in the next batch, don't worry. I was told to wait until a specific time by someone."

"Who?"

I shrugged. "My hus- fiancé. My fiancé."

"Oh damn. You're taken?" He sounded disappointed.

I glanced at him in amusement. "You know all the women in here are taken, right?"

His eyes widened in surprise. "For real? No way."

"Yup." I popped the p and threw a grape into my mouth. I had asked Neo to get me a fruit bowl from the buffet table a while ago. Renae was curled up on my lap, sleeping soundly.

Another ten minutes passed before the instructor spoke again. "Alright ladies, it's time for the next batch. Any volunteers?"

I tapped Renae's shoulder, lifting her in my arms as I stood up and gestured toward the other two. "That's our cue. It's time to play."

Renae stirred awake on my shoulder as we walked towards the door on our left. I tried my best to maintain my calm as we stood and waited for instructions.

"Is it time to play?" Renae asked groggily.

I patted her back gently. "Yeah, you've got to wake up now."

"Mmm." She mumbled and rubbed her eyes, squinting.

"You guys ready?" I asked the other two.

They nodded.

The man addressed us. "You have about 2 hours and 45 minutes to escape the rooms. The clock starts as soon as you step inside. Begin."

I took a deep breath and opened the door to step inside, the others trailing behind me. What greeted my eyes was completely unexpected.

Compared to the room we had just left, this one was completely different. From the wooden floors to the many boxes stacked all over. It was very dusty with cobwebs littering the walls. I had to duck to avoid a cobweb that hung in the doorway.

Was this man-made or did they leave this room dirty for years? There was an old oak desk pushed up into the corner with an antique painting hanging on the wall over it.