Chapter 4

Sienna's POV

I closed my eyes and leaned my head back as the water cascaded down my frame. It was warm, nice, and constantly urging me to stay for just one more minute. Well, it's been a good 45 minutes now and I still didn't want to get out.

I guess that was a benefit of being here. The luxury.

Thinking back to my apartment complex with the broken water heater that the landlord kept forgetting to fix, I thought this was a lovely change of scenery.

I wish I had my phone so that I could contact Selena again. Knowing that a background check was run on us had me antsy. I was dying to hear her voice to make sure she was okay. What would happen when she came back after the semester? Would I be dead? Would I still be here? How do I even begin to mention any of this? How do I keep her away from a life as prickly as this one?

I sighed and ran a hand down my face.

It was too early for me to be worrying. I had a few more months, at least. I needed to carefully analyze the situation and plan how I was going to deal with all of this.

I reluctantly turned the shower off and stepped out of the bath, wrapping a towel around my frame. The bathroom was huge as to be expected, with a walk-in closet and laundry room. If I'd just squeeze a kitchen in here, I'd be able to call it a small studio home.

I stepped into the closet and curiously browsed everything in it. There was nothing but male clothing decorated throughout. This was clearly Xander's room.

I opened a few drawers, looking for something to wear besides the nightgown I woke up in. I felt too exposed in it for some reason. Like I was more conscious of his gaze that burned my skin.

In one of the drawers, I found a pack of condoms. My eyes zoomed in on the size and I felt my eyebrows shoot through the roof in admiration. Yeah, if he had done anything to me besides changing my clothes last night, I'd have definitely felt the aftermath.

What surprised me though was the gun that was hidden beneath a drawer filled with socks. Was it on purpose? Who leaves a gun in a room with a woman who's been kidnapped? Or was he just that confident that I wasn't stupid enough to kill someone from the Roscotto family?

If that were the case, he was right. I've heard the stories growing up. I knew just how dangerous this life was. Not to mention, I wasn't an idiot. I didn't even know where I was right now, the place was probably heavily guarded given his status. No matter how you looked at it, I'd die before I could even step foot out of the house.

I was not willing to risk that. If I was a cat with nine lives, sure but unfortunately there was only one life to this body o mine.

I opted to throw on one of his T-shirts that fit me like a loose dress. I wasn't a fan of the air blowing under there so I climbed into one of his shorts and wrapped the waist so that it fit me snuggly.

I came out of the closet satisfied but with a rumbling tummy. I contemplated waiting for him to get back but didn't know when that would be. I didn't want to meet any random people if I were to leave the room either, or better yet, any security guards.

I opened the bedroom door and peered out curiously, sighing in relief when I found the hall deserted. I thought this place would be swarming.

I slipped through the door and began my exploration. It was a whole mansion, beautifully decorated with furniture that cost my entire life. I was almost afraid to even touch the walls. Not a spec of dirt in sight, and the paintings were antique and lovely. I couldn't take my eyes off them.

There were three floors and I was situated on the highest one. I did find a few men loitering around but it wasn't as much as I expected. They didn't approach me and simply patrolled the halls in silence. It made me relax a bit better. After looking around a bit, I went downstairs and found the kitchen. I was beyond hungry.