Chapter 15

Sienna's POV

After our meal, I placed my silverware down and wiped my mouth, leaning my face into my palm as I eyed Xander, who was busy typing away on his phone.

"Is that your wife you're texting?" I couldn't help but ask.

He glanced up with a raised eyebrow. "I'm meeting a friend of mine in an hour. I'll drop you off at home first."

I furrowed my brows in confusion. "You don't usually sleep at the house, do you?"

He nodded. "I never had a reason to use that house until I got you. It's too spacious. I have an apartment closer to where I work. I prefer that."

I nodded in understanding. "So that's where you've been the past couple of days?"

A smirk curved his lips. "Why? Do you want me in bed with you instead?"

I snorted and rolled my eyes. "I wouldn't even care if you'd been sleeping at your mistress's house."

A lie.

"Believe what you want, Amorina." He took up his glass of whiskey and took a sip.

I hesitated as I thought about it, then asked. "But seriously, why haven't you done anything? Do you have someone else? You came onto me those first few times... fucked my face and everything and you never carried it all the way. Even if I did say no, that probably wouldn't stop you. So what's stopping you now?"

He coughed on his whiskey and quickly put the glass down. He reached for a napkin to wipe at his mouth. I watched him in amusement, never expecting to have caught him by surprise but pleased that I did anyway.

He chuckled as his hoarse voice sounded. "Amorina, are you telling me you want me to fuck you? So soon?"

My eyes widened in surprise as I quickly shook my head. "Of course not. I'm just wondering."

He shot me an amused glance. "Right. I assure you that the moment I'm ready to claim my pussy, you'll know. I'll call and you'll come. Simple as that. Right now, I'm truly just busy. There's a lot of work for me to do and little time to do them with all these preparations for the games. So unfortunately, I can't indulge in you as much as I'd like." His eyes glanced at my boobs which were drowned in my T-shirt and out of sight.

I shifted nervously in my seat at the wolf-like gaze in his eyes. He looked as if he wanted to swallow me whole. Like he could see through my clothing and at my naked body. I even glanced down to make sure my shirt wasn't see-through.

I cleared my throat and lapped my legs, trying my hardest to ignore the moisture that pooled down below.

"You didn't answer me. Who are you texting so much?"

"Why should I answer you?"

I pursed my lips in thought then said, "Because as your wife, I need to know what goes on in your life. Don't you want to get closer?"

His lips curled into a smile that almost knocked me out of the chair. "Me telling you about my life will count as us getting closer?"

I hesitated then nodded. "Of course. This is called building trust. You trust me enough to tell me stuff and then I'll in turn trust you enough to confide in you if something ever bothers me." I had no idea what the fuck I was even rambling about.

He placed his phone down and leaned forward, giving me his full attention. "I like the sound of that. I was texting Anton. We grew up together and our families are allies. We were talking about the upcoming ball that was being hosted by his family. It's in two days and I told him I'll be introducing him to my wife then."