Chapter 21🔞

Sienna's POV

Time flew by faster than expected. The first game had just passed two months ago and now it was time for the second game.

The event was scheduled for tomorrow. Earlier today Xander called and said he'd be training with me today. It made me a little suspicious. Why did he want to train with me just the day before the second game? Did he know something? Was it similar to the first game? Easier? Harder? I had so many questions, though I doubt he'd answer them.

With how long it's been, I almost forgot that I was participating in a series of games. Though, I couldn't understand why they'd stretch them out so far apart. According to Xander, there were five games in total. Each game is much harder than the last.

I couldn't understand it.

What was the reason behind these stupid games? Was it for their pleasure? I really should ask Xander about it. We were close enough for him to disclose that much to me, right?

As per Xander's instructions, I was currently dressed in short tights and a T-shirt, sneakers adorning my feet. I wasn't looking forward to our training.

The moment he stepped into our bedroom, I shot off the bed and hurriedly greeted him.

"What are we doing?"

Xander raised an eyebrow in surprise. "Someone's eager."

I looked at him impatiently. "Eager? I'm anxious! Why did you decide to train me the day before the second game? Is there something I need to know?"

"I'm addicted to you." Was his response as his arm crept around my waist. My breath hitched as he tugged me closer and bent to capture my lips in a rough, forceful kiss that left my insides shaken.

When he pulled away, I was stupefied, stupidly blinking at him as if urging him to do it again.

A smirk tilted his lips as he chuckled. "Let's train first, fuck later."

Yes, sir.

I was glad that he couldn't hear my thoughts.

I followed him out of the room and into the gym downstairs.

"What are we doing?" I asked, my fingers fidgeting with my shirt as I gazed at him walking onto the gym mat.

"How good are you at running?"

"What?"

He turned to me and crossed his arms. Only then did I realize that he was wearing a T-shirt and sweatpants. My eyes trailed his body in appreciation and lingered a bit on the faint outline I saw through his sweats. I never knew this man could look so fucking good outside of a suit. He should wear sweatpants more often.

"How good are you at running?" He repeated.

I pursed my lips and shrugged. "I run at the same pace a turtle walks... unless I'm running for my life. Then I floor it so fast, you won't even see my shadow."

He chuckled. "So essentially, you're not?"

"Depends on the situation?"

He nodded and beckoned me. "It'll work. Come, try to attack me."

I eyed him suspiciously. "Do you know something? About the game tomorrow? Is it harder than the last? Does it require combat fighting? What is it?"

He beckoned me again. "Forget about that. Pretend that I have a gun and you're at a good distance from me. Try to attack."

Attack? Against a gun? Was he serious?

I snorted. "Why would I attack? If you have a gun, I'll fucking run or stay away from you."