Chapter 25

Sienna's POV

Straight to voicemail.

A frustrated sigh escaped my lips as I anxiously limped the length of the bedroom. Despite already knowing the result, I couldn't help but dial Selena's number again and listen as it went straight to voicemail. Again.

"What the fuck, Selena?" I muttered aloud, frustration and worry tugging at my heartstrings.

I've been trying to get in contact with her since last week but every time I called, her phone went straight to voicemail. Selena was scheduled to come back soon. Her semester was up and I anticipated the day she had to come back and find me playing around with the fucking mafia. At first, I wanted to exclude her from all of this the best I could by having her live in my old apartment and away from all this craziness but the more I thought about it, the more it seemed like a bad idea.

If this was my life now, I was bound to pick up enemies. Enemies that would run a background check and find out that I had a sister living not too far who was completely open to kidnapping or torturing. I didn't want that so after speaking to Xander, it was concluded that she'd live with us for her protection.

Though, that was for after she came back. Right now, what she needed to do was answer my fucking calls.

Xander walked into the bedroom and asked, "Are you ready?"

I blew out a breath and waved my phone in my hand. "No, I'm not. Selena won't answer her freaking phone!"

"What does that have to do with you going to my family dinner?"

I sighed and stopped pacing. "Do you want an annoyed woman sitting at your family dinner?"

"Only if that annoyed woman knows she'll be punished if she misbehaves. Why are you on your feet?"

He came forward and wrapped an arm around my waist, lifting me effortlessly and placing me on the bed to sit. Then he disappeared into the closet and walked back out with a wheelchair in front of him.

I shot him a displeased look. "I'm not sitting in that wheelchair Xander."

He chuckled. "Well, you can't walk on your feet either."

"I'd rather use crutches than sit in that thing. I'm not crippled," I argued, offended that he'd even buy that for me. Ever since he got it last week, I've been avoiding it like the plague. There was no need for me to sit in it.

"Well, it's either you sit in it or I carry you."

"Carry me then." I lifted my hands expectantly.

He raised an eyebrow. "I can't guarantee my hands will stay in one place. Especially with that dress you're wearing." He eyed the short white dress that I wore mischievously. "One slip of the finger to break through your walls and cause a flood. I'm sure my father won't mind me indulging my wife."

I stared at him with my mouth agape. He wasn't insinuating what I thought he was, was he?

He pushed the wheelchair in front of me and said, "Choose. Wet or dry?"

I closed my mouth and shot him a glare. "You wouldn't do that in front of your parents."

"Choose and find out."

I hesitated, eyeing the mischievous glint in his eyes. I thought about it and felt myself getting a bit turned on. Oh god, there was something wrong with me.

I gave in and sat in the wheelchair, my face displeased.

"You're no fun." Xander chuckled as he wheeled me out of the room.