Chapter 29

Sienna's POV

My eyes narrowed at the smile on his face and I tried my best not to let this simmering anger loose as I carefully asked. "What do you mean I've passed the game?"

"Amorina," he drawled my name.

"Xander." I shut the engine off and turned in my seat to face him. My mind was blank. I wasn't sure how to react. This was... a game? Did that mean that he wasn't hurt? That me panicking was all for nothing?

"We can head back to the house now. The game is over." He seemed so casual about it, unaware of how badly I wanted to swing my hand and knock him in the face.

"Was what just happened a joke?"

"A part of the game, yes." He corrected.

A spurt of laughter escaped my lips as I hung my head back. I thought back to everything that happened and wanted to slap myself for falling for it. It was all making sense. The guards were so unresponsive, my license was already in the car, and Xander even drove himself to the mansion. He always had a driver with him. Even the way the officer acted had me confused. All of this should have been signs, yet I fell into the trap like an idiot.

"So you're not hurt?" I asked to make sure, eyeing the color that was coming back to his face.

He shrugged. "I'm hurt, yes but it's not something I'll die over. The bleeding stopped before we even left the house."

This was ridiculous. There was no way this happened. Disbelief coated my voice as I exclaimed. "So wait. Let me get this right. You stabbed yourself over some stupid loyalty game?"

"It's not stupid, Sienna. This is our life. We can't afford to have wives who'd turn on us the second they get a chance to. That's dangerous for the family."

"So instead, you gave us hope of rescue by having a cop pull us over and promise to protect us if we ask for help?"

"Yes. It had to be done. Especially after the strength game. A lot of women were shaken up by that and we needed to make sure that they were still endgame."

"That's so cruel." I watched him in disapproval. They gave hope of rescue to the women just for it to be a stupid test? Of course, they'd panic after experiencing a death game like that. Our lives were important, you know? I wouldn't blame any woman who asked the cops to protect them.

"It wouldn't be if they had stayed loyal and kept their mouths shut." Xander seemed to have no remorse.

"So what about me? What would've happened if I told the cops to help me?" I pointed at myself.

He chuckled and leaned back in his seat, quite comfortable might I add while I was over there stressing about the entire ordeal!

"Originally, if the wife candidate did ask for help, the cop was instructed to shoot them on the spot."

"Originally?"

"That's not the case for you. I told them I'd deal with you myself."

"So how would you have dealt with me exactly?"

"I hadn't decided yet."

"That's a lie." I accused. Knowing Xander, ideas were already circling in his mind and I did not doubt that none of them were normal punishments.

A smirk curled his lips. "Well, since you're going to call me out. I had planned to take you back to our house, use those ropes that I bought when I got you, tie them to the ceiling with you in them, and y'know. We'd go from there."

My mouth fell open as my anger quickly turned to surprise and a little hint of curiosity. "You got ropes when you got me? Were you planning on tying me up?"