Chapter 8🔞

Sienna's POV

On our ride home, the car was silent. I leaned against the window and watched as the scenery flew by, deep in thought.

It wasn't like I didn't have enough money to run away. If the cops did make an appearance and freed us, it wouldn't be long before Xander got released, given his position. However, it would give me enough time to catch a flight, get Selena, and disappear.

I thought back to that one scene when I was 16. My aunt had a few men over at the time and I was in the kitchen helping her with dinner. There was a guy around my age who had approached me. He introduced himself as Jalen and told me that if I was ever in trouble or needed help to deal with someone, no matter who it was, was to visit Juicy's Bar and Grill. It was a bar downtown that many thugs frequented.

I never really took it seriously, and eventually, it was shoved to the back of my mind, never to be thought of again... until now.

Was there really a chance?

The fact that my life was in the hands of someone else never sat well with me. Xander was a good-looking man and all, but let's be real... the man didn't care about me. He threatened to take my sister after I die. One wrong move and my body could get dumped into the ocean after he pulled a gun on me. What insane person would stay around to wait for that to happen?

I frowned. This wasn't something I could impulsively jump into. The best thing to do was to observe the situation and see what happened. If Stacy were to somehow get caught, I'd claim that I knew nothing about it. In this world, my life was more important than anyone else's. I needed to protect Selena.

"What are you thinking about?"

I looked at Xander, only to find him already staring at me. There was a smile tilting his lips and he had his head leaned into his palm, all comfortable and relaxed while I was over here plotting God knew what.

A flashback to this afternoon when I was forced to suck him off entered my mind and I grimaced. I couldn't deny that my body reacted strongly to what happened. It was all his fault. Him and his handsome face. I mean, who could resist it? Handsome faces were my weakness and now they were turning into my downfall.

I turned my despondent gaze back to the window. "Nothing," I murmured.

"How was the ceremony?"

"It was alright."

"Did you have fun? Talking to the girls?"

I nodded. "It was good. We learned a lot about each other."

He hummed. "Really? Was anything interesting mentioned?"

My body stiffened. Suspicion caused my eyes to narrow out the window. My heart grew antsy as I considered his words. Why was he asking me that of all things? There was no way he heard our conversation, right? Was I just being paranoid?

I shook myself out of my fears and feigned indifference. "Not really. Just the usual girl gossip and sharing kidnapping stories."

"I see." Was his response.

The car then fell silent. My paranoia grew.