Chapter 19

Sienna's POV

It's been a good few days after the first game was over. I was beside myself with joy as Gabriella came to visit now and then. Sometimes, we'd sit around and study together with Sam, Charlie, and Rob while other times we'd hang out just the two of us and talk for ages.

When Gabriella first came to me, she was still very down about Krystie sacrificing herself. It took a while for her to come around. When she did though, she was as happy as ever and bouncing off the walls with energy.

I couldn't believe that Xander allowed me visitors. I thought I was to be stuck in the house until I officially became his wife but I guess that wasn't the case. His mother told me that she'd take me shopping soon and Xander seemed to have no problem with it.

I had long since exchanged numbers with Gabriella. After she found out that we could use phones, she begged Andrei to get her one and we immediately became glued to the hip once she got it.

She was a fun girl to be around and I enjoyed her company just as much as I did Charlie's.

It was a Saturday and Xander was off doing mafia shit that he didn't bother to disclose to me and I was bored out of my mind. He told me that he wasn't coming home tonight and so, I invited Gabriella for a girl's night the moment he left.

What I found confusing was that ever since that night at Anton's place, he slept with me every chance he got. And I meant only to sleep. No more advances were made since that night and it confused me just as much as it frustrated me.

Like... How were you going to dip your finger into the sauce, taste it, clearly you liked it, and then leave it to rot for days? It made no sense. I thought he was getting really into me... Was I wrong? Then why was he sleeping with me all of a sudden?

Men.

They were so hot and cold.

The moment Gabriella stepped through the front door, I popped around the corner with a glass of wine in my hand and a large grin on my face. "Another day of gossip and shitting on men because that's what we do and we're girls."

She laughed, gesturing to the bag in her hands. "We're in luck. I found some snacks in Andy's bedroom and decided to steal a little for our girl's night."

"Lovely." I came and hooked our arms, tugging her towards the guest bedroom that I had prepared for us.

"Oh wow, you're prepared." She chuckled, gazing around at the thick blankets and pillows that I had thrown on the floor and bed. A projector was sitting on the table to the side, facing the wall for our planned movie night.

"Of course," I said proudly. "This is our vacation from those infuriating men."

"Amen." She dumped her bag on the bed and then threw herself on it. I went to sit down beside her.

She sighed and laid her head in her arms, staring absentmindedly at the wall. "You know, I'm low-key glad that I got kidnapped."

I turned to her in surprise. "You are?"

She nodded. "I sound crazy, right? I tell myself it's just the excitement that's gotten to me. Life was so boring before this. I had just gotten over a bad breakup and I spent most of my time lazing around at home, got fired from my job, and had no idea what I was going to do with my life. My ex controlled everything. Our bank accounts, schedule, and date nights. I just had to dress up, clean the house and look pretty. There was no excitement in it."

I patted her back and hesitated before I admitted. "You're not crazy. I'm glad that I don't have to work anymore. It's just the danger that comes with this luxury that concerns me. I'm pretty sure if Xander was a nice, upstanding billionaire that kidnapped me I'd be on my knees begging to stay right now."