Chapter 34

Sienna's POV

I zoomed in on the moving target, my eyes laser-focused as I steadied my breathing. I blocked any unnecessary noise in the background and calculated the speed at which my target was moving. Once I locked onto it, I didn't hesitate to pull the trigger.

"Bang," I muttered as the bullet zoomed through the air and slammed into the target board. The sheer power behind the hit shook the board.

Through the scope of my sniper, I managed to see the small hole that formed in the target board's head. A smile graced my lips.

Clapping rang out behind me as Sam approached, a wide smile on her face. "You're a natural with snipers, huh?"

I shrugged and playfully flicked my braids back. "They're my favorite so of course."

She chuckled and gestured to the other target board that was a few distance away from the one that I'd just shot. "You think you can further the distance?"

I shot her a cocky look. "Like it's hard?"

She raised her hands in surrender, a teasing smile tilting her lips. "Alright. Let's see it then."

I turned back to face the target and made sure my sniper was properly perched on the table in front of me. Then I leaned in and placed my eye against the scope, zooming in on the target that got closer and closer.

I allowed my scope to focus more clearly and then pulled the trigger without hesitation.

"Bang." The word spilled from my mouth on impulse just as the bullet connected to the target board. Another headshot.

I pulled away and turned to shoot Sam a pointed look. "Do I really need practice at this point?"

She joked. "Don't get too cocky now. You're good but I've seen better." She gestured to herself.

"Is that a challenge?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Do you want it to be?"

I shrugged. "I don't mind a friendly competition now and then."

"So would you compete with me?" Xander commented as he walked into the clearing that we were in.

I gestured to myself. "Can you handle all this?"

His eyes trailed my figure suggestively as a smile curved his lips. "I've been doing good so far."

Sam coughed and waved her hand. "This is me waving my white flag. With Xander here, I am confident first place will not be mine."

I rolled my eyes. "You're just scared of beating your boss."

She shot me a glare. "Don't put words in my mouth. That man is scary with a gun."

"Stay Sam. I think she wants me to embarrass her in front of you."

I snorted and gestured toward the setup. "Go ahead then. Show us what you've got, sir."

He smirked, going to set up his sniper rifle. "Three shots per person. One shot on each target at 100m, 600m, and 800m. You willing?"

I pursed my lips. 800 meters? Could I shoot from that far? I knew I'd already grown accustomed to shooting at 100 to 600, but I could never get a definite shot on 800. It was all up to luck... and skill if you want to get technical.

Sam shrugged, seemingly unaffected by the range. "Since you're doing this, I might as well join. Will consider it practice since I haven't shot anything in a while."

I joked. "That's a blessing for someone I'm sure."

She laughed and opened up the duffel bag on the side to pull out another sniper rifle. "Are there any prizes for the winner?"