15. I DO NOT LOVE YOU

GULF POV

After the linguistics class I was so tempted to run out of the university, but I told myself again that it is not worth being a coward.

"Before swimming lessons, Gulf. I hope to see you there, we have a lot to talk about."

And adding Professor Mew's small threat at the end of this hour, I figured it would be best not to run away. After all that idiot already knows my address.

I took a deep breath as I opened the door to the complex. The place was absolutely silent and nobody was still in the pool, I felt a little more relaxed. I didn't want to talk in a place where there was someone who could hear.

"You're not going to a war zone." I closed my eyes as I heard a voice behind me. "No need to check each side, omega".

"Well, I just got cornered so I guess it didn't work out." I turned to Mew.

He was wearing an open jacket, a vest of the same color and a white shirt underneath. Shit, he even wore glasses. There was something about him that made me nervous when he dressed like my typical literature professor. That demeanor combined with the suits made me very aware that I was his student, something that I sometimes forgot.

"You finished?".

"Finish what?", I asked for.

"From taking my clothes off with your eyes," he smiled sideways. "Calm down, I won't do anything anymore".

My cheeks warmed and my brow furrowed.

"Damn, you can never quit, right?".

"What precisely?", He approached slowly.

"Stop fucking with me," I sighed. As far as I know, I don't have a sign tattooed on my forehead that says "no problem bother me".

"Stubborn omega", he rolled his eyes.

"It's this attitude of yours that prompts me to argue with you. After all, I'm not the only one who always has a big mouth".

"Remind me who likes to start between the two?".

I bit my tongue to avoid continuing this stupid discussion that was leading to nothing. When I least noticed it, the alpha was already in front of me. I looked up in his direction.

"Enough!! We're here for something else, Mew".

He raised an eyebrow. "Your fever hasn't gone down yet?".

Oh god, he earned this for himself. I smacked him on the arm.

"Stop with that. shit you are fucking annoying", Mew chuckled as he shook his head.

"Okay, I understand. I know this topic is serious. Don't be angry ", he turned to the stands. "Let's sit".

I took another deep breath before nodding. I didn't really dislike this side of the alpha that much. Somehow these meaningless discussions lightened a heavy atmosphere like the one that formed between the two of us when we looked at each other.

I sat next to the man a bit taller than me. For a second we both kept looking at the pool without saying anything.

"How you felt?", Mew was the first to speak.

"GOOD..."

"Did you last until yesterday? You didn't come to class".

"No, it was only until Monday. But I wanted some time", I murmured, "I don't know how to take everything that happened, alpha".

"I let go of my biggest fear without even looking at it. I really didn't know what to do yet. My mind would go blank every time it came to the subject and I felt sick to think what would happen if this got out of hand".