4.AROMA

Before reading this chapter, read the previous chapter first..

(AUTHOR POV)

The racing pulse of an omega's heart could almost be heard in the silence that fell between the two people sitting on the edge of the pool.

"I don't understand",Gulf cleared his throat. "What is the question about?"

Mew's deep eyes were stunned for a second looking at his face. It was as if he had just discovered a new species.

"Professor?", he reiterated.

"Oh," he shook his head a bit, "I guess I've been curious. In the afternoon I thought about a poem written for an omega which I did a couple of years ago, then I thought of you. That I have never felt your aroma".

The omega's eyes widened, but his brow was still slightly furrowed. His features did not soften at all at that explanation.

"I use suppressants and pills to avoid my pheromones".

The alpha stared into her eyes."Why?".

"Why??", he mocked, quite incredulous that he was having this conversation. "Because I'm omega, that's why".

"That's not a good reason".

The challenging look on the black haired man made the brown haired man raise the corner of his mouth slightly.

"It is. I understand if you don't get it being alpha, but being an omega, and being a male for a change, isn't very...nice".

"What do you mean? Explain better, Kanawut".

Knowing that this directly incited the omega's more rebellious side, he kept pushing a little harder.

"It's not easy being an omega. Under no circumstances, but being a man is even worse. This society goes back to the tenth century when it talks about male omegas", he sighed. "I know pretty much the whole university is rumored by now, but before, until the end of my sophomore year, it was still a secret. One that I liked to keep".

"No one knew you were omega?", the alpha questioned. "I thought I was the only lost idiot not to know".

A small smile appeared on Gulf's puffy lips, something that made Mew feel a little more relaxed after so many hours in which he felt tormented thinking about how stupid he had been those years.

"No one knew," he replied. "Just my two best friends. Apart from them, I preferred to hide it. No one other than the director knew about my condition within the university".

A bit confused, the chestnut clarified: "Being omega is not a "condition". Don't talk about your second gender like it's a disease or something bad".

"But it is," he said, examining the other's eyes closely.

"It is not," he contradicted.

"You don't really know anything about it, do you?", asked the omega.

"What exactly do you mean?".

"How fucked up it is to be an omega in the real world".

A bitter silence enveloped the place. The weight with which that phrase was said was not something Mew expected to hear.

It seemed that there was a really deep contempt on Gulf's part for his nature.

The second genre was something quite debated before, to avoid long disputes about it, it was once again governed by categories. A great system that only served to exclude those who were considered to be of a lower level.

Everything was divided into social classes. Worse yet, the very species that could give off pheromones were classified among them. As only the alphas and omegas were capable of giving off aromas, they could be of the category: Dominant, standard or recessive.