26.THE PARTY

(MEW POV)

It was a little after nine when I parked my motorbike in front of the bar where Asha had set me up at a party thrown by a group from the university and, without lying, I didn't feel comfortable coming, but my sister had insisted like hell to bring me. Although I refused, as soon as she said that she would bring the alpha he is dating, I accepted.

For a month and something Asha told me about her girlfriend. I freaked out when she said she was a girl from college, however I just asked her to meet her sometime and to stay out of trouble.

I took off my black jacket while I would have made my way through the crowd. Lights off and music blasting off the walls is not the environment I like to be in on a Saturday night. Much less after a long week.

Come to think of it, it's also been a week since I haven't stopped by the Gulf apartment. After last weekend where I stayed the night, we haven't... met.

"Hey Mew!", the familiar voice of a certain omega broke my thoughts. "Brother, this way!".

As soon as I turned around I already had Asha's arms wrapped around me for a hug.

"How are you?", I asked, once we were heading to wherever Asha was taking me.

"Fine," he replied, wrapping around my arm.

When he didn't mention anything I turned to look at him, that little smile on her face gave it all away. Asha is cute and more when she acts like this. The last time I remember seeing her like this was in high school when she introduced me to her then partner.

I was pretty cool to meet Asha's girlfriend, but hell no one prepared me to meet the person who was there.

"Olivia?", a hiss escaped my lips when I looked at her sitting in one of the booths.

"Professor?", she mentioned, her eyes wide open when she heard me. "Professor Mew?"

Then I heard Asha's laugh breaking the silence in which the place had remained.

"Oh, so they know each other." It was obvious that Asha knew we knew each other.

I was going to say: "You know that yes." But at that moment another voice broke between us. A very familiar one to me, which sounded just as surprised.

"Mew?", My eyes went squarely to Gulf.

The crimson knitted vest that he wore together with the short-sleeved shirt left his arms very visible, all with white pants and his hair in those waves so...

"Gulf, do you know Mew?",Asha questioned when she saw that we were staring at each other.

"He's my literature professor," he said in a whisper, never taking his eyes off mine. "Our, I mean. Oli's and mine".

"Aha... Professor," I heard Olivia.

"Yes, his professor, as well as yours, Miss Collins," I hastened to clarify.

Olivia and Asha shared a look with each other. Then the alpha stood up and extended her hand to me.

"I guess this time I'm not your student, Mew" she smiled. "Nice to meet you, I'm your sister's girlfriend".

My brows creased, but quickly Asha's hand was on my back, as if it were a knife she dug into me. I didn't need her words, I accepted Olivia's greeting shake while forcing a smile.

"The pleasure is mine," I urged myself to say.

A giggle on her part irritated me beyond power, but I didn't say anything.