39.I LIKE YOU

(GULF POV)

"Mew didn't just....."

My eyes locked on his gaze, waiting for the man to crack a joke and say he was just kidding. But there was no hint of doubt in them. He just fucking meant it.

"Don't see me like that," he told me. "I know it's sudden and all, but Asha's stupid seminar was more than a hint to us. And I feel that he is right, omega. I really like you for more than a few nights".

"Really you like me?", Okay, I was totally amazed.

I moved away from his body a bit to wipe away the traces of tears that had remained on my cheek. The alpha brushed his thumb under my eyes gently.

"Yes, I really like you," he smiled. "Is there something wrong?".

"The truth is that yes, there are many bad things about it," I sighed, moving his hand away from my face. "When have you forgotten that you are my professor? I agreed to a deal with you because it benefited us both, but we made it clear, alpha. There would be no mixed feelings".

For a moment he said nothing and just stared at me. His eyes suddenly became so sad that I felt guilty for saying this to him. But I had to be honest with Mew, we are risking a lot of things just being sexual partners, this will get bigger if we look to go further.

"Tell me something, don't you feel anything for me?", he inquired.

"Mew, that doesn't matter....."

"Of course it matters," he denied with a frown. "Why do you care so much what they are going to say? Gulf, you are as lost for me as I am for you. Let people talk, I don't give a shit about them, I only care about you".

I inhaled deeply, turning to look at the water in the dark.

What does all this imply? It will go from being something temporary to being... formal. Mew is my fucking professor and I mustn't forget that the university has rules regarding professor-student relationships.

It is sanctioned for both parties. It can be so risky that it scares me. I am afraid of losing what I have struggled to achieve after leaving Thailand. I'm terrified that Mew will lose his status by dating a male omega like me.

He just doesn't deserve this. Your work is worth much more...

I turned around to see his eyes. The alpha had his gaze focused on me, his arms still around me and so I told him.

"I'm sorry Meow. But let's end this here", his eyes full of sadness squeezed my chest.. "I don't want to keep doing this anymore... it's been enough".

"You're sure?", His voice was low.

I got up from his arms, brushing off the sand, wondering if this was the right thing to do. However, I didn't see this ending well under any circumstances and I had to end it here, before my feelings for Mew grew stronger and letting him go was more painful.

"I am and I'm sorry to do this to you, but I don't want a relationship with you." The words tore at my throat. "Thank you for what you did for me, you don't need to keep doing it anymore".

Before he said anything to me, I started walking towards the hotel room, telling myself that this was the best for both of us.

~🍂~

Damn, who would have thought that ending a relationship before even starting it could hurt so much. It had been two weeks since I finished the deal with Mew and things hadn't been easy between the two of us.

In college, the alpha no longer looked at me. He ignored me at every opportunity that we ended up alone, like when delivering jobs to him, he no longer joked like in recent months. I felt an even greater distance than before I started having relationships.