46.A LITTLE COMFORT

(GULF POV)

Looking at my ceiling I felt that if it fell on me it would probably hurt less than the stitches in my chest. I closed my eyes, they were gritty and dry from crying so much. I longed so much for sleep to overcome me not to keep remembering tonight.

Every time Mew's words played in my head I felt like the weight on my shoulders increased to tons. I cried like I didn't remember having done for years and I reproached myself a thousand times for not having been brave before.

I had the courage to confess what I felt when it was too late. I thought for the fuck of my life that with that kiss Mew was on the same page as me. I swore that the alpha had forgiven me, that he would want to come back to me.

But now I was alone in my bed after crying for hours and spending hours under the artificial rain of the shower. After saying goodbye, he left and left me there, close to falling apart in a thousand pieces in that room. And I don't blame him at all, I did the same and I know I deserve this.

However, I suffered when I had to turn it down. Even if you don't believe me, I spent nights trying to forget his presence, his aroma... his simple company, however, I couldn't do it.

His touches, kisses and scent are still on me. My omega is desperate to run to find it. I want his arms around me, but that won't happen again.

Feeling the tears build up in my eyes again I got out of bed to go get a glass of water. My house was completely silent, leaving aside the incessant rain that had begun to fall a while ago.

At a slow pace I made my way to my kitchen where I found Asha in her pajamas drinking a cup of hot chocolate. SHe looked at me for a second and tried to give me a smile.

"Do you want some chocolate?", She asked, pulling out a chair for me. "Olivia is in the room, but I couldn't sleep, so I borrowed your kitchen for a while, I hope you don't mind".

"No problem" I approached her.

"How are you?", He put the cup down in front of her and sat down next to me again. "Did you at least get some sleep?".

"The truth is, no. My body feels heavy and my eyes are red to death, but every time I go to sleep my mind seems to be against it".

She put a hand on my shoulder.

"It's relatively normal, breakups always hurt. More if they happen in this way", she comforted me. "They are comparable to mourning, it is a similar feeling".

"Have you dealt with many patients like this?".

"With a broken heart?", She agreed. "Of course, when I did my practices. Now that I am a child psychologist, my life is a little less comparable to that of my patients. They don't talk to me about their love life, thank God".