21.ERATO

꧁MEW POV꧂

I looked at the watch on my wrist for the tenth time since I got to college. Damn, the minutes didn't seem to go by fast enough and even though my classes were running until the afternoon, worse for me that I just wanted to go back to the apartment.

My head did not reproduce any other image than the boy I left between the sheets this morning. I woke up at six and stayed for a long time admiring the relaxed face of my late-night guest. Not daring to wake him up, I went to shower, hoping that when I came out he would be on his feet.

But the omega was in the same place. I dressed slowly, avoiding making noise. When I went into the kitchen for a coffee, I realized the time. I quickly grabbed the briefcase and a travel tax, before leaving I went back to the room to write a note and leave it on the table.

"Omega, I'm going to work, stay and rest today" I whispered in Gulf's ear, stroking his hair with one hand.

"M ...Mew...?" His voice was low and hoarse, a clear sign of interrupted sleep.

I smiled stooping to tell him again:

"Yes, I hope you don't have amnesia and remember how you ended up here".

The brunette rubbed his eyes, nodding.

"Okay, I'll be here at three, more or less. You can stay." He nodded again. I laughed softly, it was obvious that Gulf wasn't paying attention to me.

I took the boy's chin to make him look up. When our eyes connected, I gave him a quick kiss and reiterated:

"Stay if you want, but if you decide to go home, your things are on the kitchen counter, okay?"

Gulf licked his lips, I couldn't take my eyes off the little act.

"Alright. Go away and let me sleep, you pedantic alpha".

I smiled as I watched the boy snuggle back up. I couldn't lie, I was tempted, a lot. It made me want to take off my entire suit and go back to Gulf's to sleep with him. But as I closed the front door, I reminded myself that I couldn't miss work just because of this.

The first and second classes were over, now there were two more to go before I could leave. It was lunchtime, but with little appetite I didn't want to leave my personal office. As I watched some exams I wondered if Gulf had already left my house.

I didn't plan to find the brunette when I returned. Maybe that was my rush, the need to see him, wanting to get there before he left so we could... talk.

Because wow we need it. Again.

I took the pen on the table along with a sheet of paper, I was about to write down some scores, but when I saw the engraving on the fountain pen that my father gave me a long time ago, I stopped.

"My muse," I read, taking the object with both hands.

This was a blue feather with gold details that my father gave me when I entered university, it had belonged to my mother, a beautiful omega of which I have no memories due to the tragic accident that took her life when she was months old. A renowned writer in poetry, just as I was in these times.

My father treasured this pen that my mother had given him. I figured Dad had a hard time wearing something like this, since it brought back some memory of his late wife. So he kept it and gave it to me many years later as a gift belonging to the woman who gave birth to me, but I never got to know.

And that word...

"Muse," I repeated. "My muse..."

The memories were not long in coming. From Gulf coming to my house in those short as hell, to the grueling round that left me dead on top of him on the couch. Every time I thought about it, I couldn't help but feel a strong stretch in my lower area.