(KD) I've Got Ya My Darling

Request from bvbwestfall Tumblr Reader has a nightmare so she gets up cleans the kitchen and beth finds her in the kitchen beth wakes up kayce and says " somethings wrong with your wife ".

Kayce was sound asleep in his bedroom in the main house until he felt his sister shaking him awake. "Kayce, wake up. It's your wife. Something's wrong wake up." He grumbled climbing out of the bed only wearing some shorts to bed quietly walking through the house until he heard some noise coming from the kitchen. He leans against the fridge in the kitchen seeing that his wife was cleaning up some red wine she had apparently spilled on the wooden floor yet she seemed to have already gotten it so he knew something was wrong. Y/n, his wife had survived a bullet wound from one of the people who had attacked the ranch while he was at work. "Sweetheart, you should come back to bed. I think you got it all cleaned up." Lifting my head up I caught sight of my husband watching me. "I can't go back to bed, Kayce...everytime I close my eyes I get shot at all over again."

Blinking through some tears I stared down at the floor still seeing that the floor was stained even though I knew it wasn't there. This was the room I got shot in and randomly enough I keep coming back here thinking it was still there. Kayce dropped down on his knees wrapping his arms around my waist feeling me shaking. "Sssh I know honey. But we got through it. We are here you and me. Everyone we care about is here. So you just have to focus on the now.” Lifting my head up to meet his deep brown eyes I sucked in a shacky breath flinging my arms around his neck. The youngest Dutton wrapped his arms around my waist tugging me up against his chest, running his fingers through my hair listening to my uneven breathing. "I'm just scared Kayce...what if something like that happened again. I - I can't go through this again!"

"It won't happen Y/n. I can promise you that. Alright when we got married we vowed to be there for each other. That ain't going to change. I love you. I will always be here for ya darling." He mumbled cupping my face in his hands wiping away some tears that had fallen. Kayce gently put one arm underneath my knees and the other underneath my shoulder carrying me to our bedroom. He throws back the blankets laying me down on the pillow climbing in beside me. "Thank you, Kayce. I'm glad I married you." I whispered back to him intertwining my hand with his left. He snuggled up against me tugging me closer to his embrace kissing my forehead watching me fall asleep in a matter of seconds.

Comments really appreciated ❤️