(RW) Best Day Off Ever (100 request!)

Request from elenavampire21 on Tumblr. Hey I have a request the reader is outside on the ranch it’s a sunny day and she is chasing her and rips son and playing in the sun.

Returning back to the ranch for the afternoon Rip heard a fit of laughter as he got closer on his horse to the ranch. Walking through the fence he dismounted his horse trying to follow the laughter in the direction of the barn. When he got there he discovered the source was his seven year old son James and his wife Y/n a.k.a John Dutton's youngest daughter. Running around the barn posts I try and catch my son but he's so fast. He climbed up into a loft sticking his tongue out where I challenged. "Don't think I can't get up there, James." Lifting my legs I started to climb up the post until I heard my husband chuckling from inside the doorway. "I come back from work early and I find you two running around like dogs." Normally I wouldn't see him until it was dark and almost time to put our son to bed for the night, but I managed to pull some strings with daddy this morning and give the Bunkhouse cowboys an early night off since they have been working really hard this mouth.

Grabbing my husband's hat off his head placing it on my head smiling. He tucks hair behind my ear tugging me into his chest with his other arm. Wrapping my arms around his neck I grinned giving him a soft kiss. "Eww. I don't want to see that." James throws his hands up flopping back into the hay loft. Rip pulled away from me climbing up the ladder and I followed so we were all sitting above the horses. James lifted his head up now wearing his father's cowboy hat that is much too big for him. It brings a smile to my face because wearing that hat he looks so much like his father. "When can I ride a horse by myself, daddy?" He asked sitting on his knees almost bouncing off the walls. Rip leans his back against the wall watching me open a small window seeing the sun starting to set across the ranch. "You have to get a little bigger before you can get a on a horse, son. We don't want you to get hurt." Foosteps entered the barn so I peak my head over the side seeing my dad staring up at us. "What the heck are you to doing up there. It's time for dinner." He smiled at his grandson waving hi.

Closing the front door behind me James rushed to his grandfather who picked him up with the biggest grin I had ever seen since mom died. I was the same age as Kayce when it happened so it's hard to remember what life was like before she passed. Rip was there for me more than my own siblings where we managed to fall in love that ended up us having a son. Rip wrapped his arms around my waist resting his chin on my shoulder as we watched the pair play in front of the fireplace. "Honey, I've been thinking about something." I trailed off hearing him mumble back kissing my cheek. "What's that darling?" Turning around in his hold I stare into his dark eyes with a cheeky smile. "I wanna have another baby." Rip blinked a couple times causing me to bite my lip in nervousness. He didn't like dogs but he had gotten used to raising a child. He leans forward kissing me softly and I kiss back. He breaks the kiss resting his right hand to my cheek smiling, one that is so rare it makes me swoon everytime. "I wasn't gonna say anything unless you wanted one. But that's a great idea because...I wanna have a little girl this time." Wrapping my arms around his neck I lean up on my toes kissing him until I felt a marshmallow hit the back of my head. Turning around James cheers throwing another at his father's chest. "Marshmallow fight!" So that's how the evening went with the four of chasing each other around playing with marshmallows.

Comments really appreciated

I've finally done it everyone 100 Yellowstone requests 💝 Thanks to everyone who sent, vote, and comments