(R) Mixed Messages

Request from bvbwestfall on Tumblr. Reader is listening to music in the bunkhouse and Ryan wraps his arms around her. She punches him and the bunkhouse laughs at him until she kissed him and they admit their feelings.

The Bunkhouse was filled with the loud laughing and arguing of the cowboy’s and its two cowgirls. Tater and I were the only women here. While the guys play poker at the round table I just sit and watch putting my headphones in playing some country music. "Well I think I deserve a reward for kicking Colby's ass." I felt arms wrapped around my waist from behind so I spun around in my wooden chair punching whoever it was hard in the stomach. The rest of the boys started laughing before I realized it was Ryan laying on the floor that I'd punched.

"I should've known to never-" Ryan coughed getting to his feet trying to catch his breath that was taken away when I yanked him down by the collar of his shirt pressing my lips up onto his. Silence filled the room as I waited for him to reply with a kiss back which he did without delay. "Don't mess with a girl from Texas, Ryan." I mumbled when we break the kiss hearing everyone cheeiinh even Tater who threw her hat in the air. "That be my girl. Go on and get ye a little cowboy." Ryan stares down at me slightly worried about my reaction to his question. "Y/n, I have to ask you something so please don't hit the wind out of me again. I've sort of been crushing on you for awhile now...so will you be my girlfriend?"

For the second time tonight the Bunkhouse fell silent which was completely the opposite of the noise that would blare through the evening until we had to go to sleep before early work in the morning. Wrapping my arms around Ryan's neck I just stared into his eyes for a second. Tater always made her feelings for Colby very clear. But I'm more shy than she is so I've kept my feelings a secret until now. Leaning up on my toes I kissed Ryan again with a deeper kiss that he tugs me against his chest with his arms around my waist. "I'm crushing on you too, Ryan. Now let's show these boys how to lose in poker shall we." His smile grew pulling up a chair right next to me demanding another game from the others.

Comments really appreciated