(KD) - War Videocall

Request from
taytayschaufert
Kayce's wife is video chatting him when he’s at war with their three year old daughter but something unexpected happens during the call

Opening my computer the screen is black for a few seconds until my husband's face appears on the screen. "Hi honey, I miss you." Kayce replied waving to me as a grin meets my lips. "Hey babe, I miss you too." Brushing hair behind my ear he leans his chin on his right hand just getting a good look at me. Kayce and I got married years ago. When we found out I was pregnant with our daughter we were over the moon. But he wanted to support us by not having to work for his father John, so he became a Navy Seal a year after I gave birth. "Mommy, is that daddy - daddy!"

Speaking of our daughter her young voice booms through the house. Her hair flying everywhere when she jumped up into my lap. "Hi daddy, Hi daddy!" She excitedly waved making her father grin with a loving chuckle. "Hey Ella." She asked not really understanding the truth of what her father does over there. "When are you gonna be done with the bad guys?" Kayce and I shared a look of silence and I knew what it meant. He didn't know when. He was the parent making the most money. Late shifts at the diner aren't cutting it anymore. We lose half the money we get sending our daughter to school.

"I'm not sure kiddo. I've gotta see what my boss says." He replied running his fingers through his hair. Lifting Ella off my lap I send her upstairs to play with her toys. "Sweetie how about you go play. I need to talk with your father about adult stuff." She waves bye leaving us alone. "God I can't believe she's already three...I'm missing everything by doing this." Kayce broke the silence running his hand down his face in frustration. Leaning forward with my elbows on the kitchen table, my hair falling over my shoulder I fired back to him. "You're not missing everything. That's what these weekly calls are for. Look I didn't want you to leave but I let you go because I knew this was something you needed to do. I love you with all my heart Kayce John Dutton."

Kayce makes a heart shape with his hands as someone from his unit enters the room. "I love you with my whole heart top. Y/n Dutton. You and Ella are everything." The guy bends down tapping him on the shoulder mentioning a round box of some sort. "Dutton, is this yours by chance?" Kayce spun around in his chair when I hear small footsteps coming down the stairs. "No that's not mine. What is it - hell it's got a damn timer!" He curses seeing everyone running around making me cry out to my husband. "Kayce - Kayce - what's going on!" Ella ran over starting to cry grabbing my shirt tightly. "Daddy!" Kayce finally turns back to us his hair a mess with a gun in his hands. "It's a bomb Y/n. Somebody planted a bomb-" He gets cut off when the screen blurs with black smoke and fire appearing across it.

Comments really appreciated :)