(RW) Pregnant Ranch Hand

The reader and Rip tell their boss John Dutton the news. @the-morning-star-falls on Tumblr requested a part 2

Rip and I have had a long month discussion on whether we should tell our boss, John Dutton that we're pregnant. Waking up in the Rip's cabin I see him dressing for work. Tossing aside the covers I throw on my clothes quickly feeling I'm about to puke. Rushing to the bathroom I throw up feeling Rip holding my hair until I'm done. "Baby, we have to tell John today." I gasp resting my back against the wall. At some point I'd start to show and we wouldn't be able to hide it anymore.

He helps me up handing me my tan cowgirl hat heading to the barn. Walking out with my horse I see John Dutton standing by his helicopter. Today we were moving the cattle to another section of field. He'd view from the sky. The only real reason we haven't talked to him is because we're worried he'll kick me off the ranch or something. I'm the only other girl in the Bunkhouse besides Tetter. I don't want him to think I don't give a crap about my job here on his ranch.

"Y/n. I need you." Speaking of the man himself I whip my head his direction. Slowly walking over with my horse concerned. "Yes, sir. You need me?" He tips his black hat upwards mentioning the helicopter behind him. "I'd like you to ride with me. As a second set of eyes." I part my lips for a second pulling myself from the shock. I'm just a cowgirl in his Bunkhouse. "Of course, sir." He goes to get in the driver's seat but corrects me. "Call me John."

Rip rides over on his horse eyeing me. "Y/n, you coming?" I dismount my horse getting in the helicopter with John. "Boss asked me to ride with him." He nods squeezing my hand whispering. "We'll tell him tonight, I promise." John oversees the moving of his cattle and everything went just fine until he sees me twirling my hair as a nervous habit. "If you need to tell me something just get on with it. I don't like people hiding things from me on my ranch." Secrets never have led to anything good.

"Sir - John I'm pregnant. I fully understand if you want to fire me...a baby on a ranch can't be good..." I tilt my head down in fear I'm gonna be fired. "Who's the father?" He stares at me once landing the helicopter in his yard. Rip please don't be angry later. "Rip's the father." John helps me out of the helicopter as Rip rides over on his horse seeing my body language is stiff as a board. "Sir. Y/n, what's wrong?"

I walk over to him pulling him down so I can whisper in his ear. "He found out. I told him it's yours." Rip glances to me worryingly then eyeing our boss after dismounting his horse. "I'm not angry with either of you. No one's getting fired over a baby. Y/n you'll still get pay when you're resting from the babies birth. Just promise me you'll take it easy on the work you do until it's born, alright do we have an agreement?" John tips his hat staring us directly in the face waiting for an answer from one of us.

"Thank you, sir." Rip spoke first as I let my shoulders sink with not carrying this weight anymore. He wrapped an arm around my waist smiling down at me. "Thank you John. I'll keep that promise." I reply laying my head against his chest. John smiles pointing his index finger to RIP walking back towards his house. "I believe I owe you a beer, Rip." He nods kissing my forehead as we head for the house seeing Beth smilingly watching us.

Comment and vote
Requests are open :)