(JD) Adopted Dutton

Request from @lizzydutton on Tumblr. The reader was
adopted by john. and maybe Beth and the reader don’t get along at first and john has a heart to heart talk with them about it

John dutton loved his family. He'd do anything to keep his family's ranch alive. After losing Evelyn his whole world changed along with how he raised his children. All five of them, yes five is what carry the Dutton name. John adopted Y/n a year after he lost his wife to start over. At least that's what he told Beth and any of his other children. John walked down the stairs entering the kitchen to see his two daughters arguing, like always. Ever since they were both eleven years old they'd always fight no matter what. Especially during dinner time Beth hates that table because Y/n accidentally sat in the chair meant for her mother.

"How dare you keep that horse alive. It killed my mother. How stupid are you!" Beth screams in her face with Y/n leaning against the kitchen Island. Y/n flips her hair over her shoulder scoffing, whenever they fight she gets very snarky in her tone. "I'm not stupid Bethany. Unlike you I actually learned how to ride a horse properly." Beth gasped stomping up to her about to hit her but she shoves her back until I called out, suprising both girls off guard. "Alright it is six in the morning and you're arguing like you're kids again!" Beth aims her index finger at her sister still anger in her tone. "She nursed the horse that killed my mother. I wanted that creature to die!"

Stomping up towards them I grab the two of them by their arms dragging them into the dining room. Pushing Beth and Y/n each into a seat. "Dad, you taught me that every living thing on this ranch deserves a chance. We need every horse to live, how is that wrong?" Y/n throws her arms up as I pinch my nose between my thumb and index finger of my right hand. Beth slumped down in her chair mumbled. "Muder protection." Slamming my hands down on the table I glanced between the pair sternly. "Listen girls, I know siblings fight. But this has to stop. Now I thought when I brought Y/n home Beth you'd enjoy not being the only girl in this house anymore."

"I was okay with the idea until the day you started showing more affection to her then you're children who actually have your blood." Beth sniped causing Y/n to reach over and try to apologize. "Beth, I'm sorry. I had no one it-" She slapped her hand away harshly and that's when John realized it. "I don't want an apology from you!" He runs a hand through his hair walking over to his eldest daughter. "Honey, I'm sorry. I'm sorry for treating Y/n better than you..." Beth tilts her head up to him at that point actually lisening to what he has to say. "I just knew she'd be the perfect fit to run the ranch someday. If any of you didn't want anything to do with it. But I still love you both equally." Y/n got up hugging him and Beth finally did as well, both girls mumbled into his chest while he hugs them both together. "We love you daddy."

Comments really appreciated :)