(JD) You're Useful in Love

Request from bvbwestfall Tumblr. Yellowstone john dutton. Reader is cooking everyone dinner ( after his wife dies ) john says we have a cook for that reader says I don't care I need to feel useful rest is up to you.

John sniffed the air sitting in front of the fireplace smelling some sort of meat and potatoes filling the house. He groaned getting to his feet walking into the kitchen finding his new girlfriend Y/n cooking away in the kitchen. "Y/n darlin' we have a cook for that you know. I can go get Gator to finish that up." Glancing over my shoulder I sit the spoon down on the rag stepping away from the pot. Walking over to John I wrapped my arms around his neck kissing his cheek. His hands come to rest on my waist tugging me closer to his chest. "I don't care, John. I want to feel useful while I am here. I see your children and the ranch hands bust their assses every day. So I think I should do the same." I saw a proud smile grace his face at my words. We had met at a rodeo and shared a few drinks. Next thing I knew we were having dates and I became his girlfriend even though I am a few years younger than he is...it doesn't matter to me.

"Oh honey whoever told you that you weren't useful around here?" He asked me rubbing his hands up and down my arms when I looked down at my boots sadly. It just happened recently that I started feeling like this. But every morning when the others were up already I would watch them work and feel guilty. Most of the time John and I would come back from our dates and then I would wake up and just lay in the bed staring at one of his hats hanging on the wall. I even got up one morning climbing on a horse and checking the stability of the fencing when nobody was looking for a few weeks but that wasn't enough. "Nobody said anything, John. I just want to be helpful like everyone else who lives here-" He suddenly pressed his lips down onto mine cutting me short. I gasped gripping the fabric of his black Yellowstone vest in my hands slowly kissing him back. One of his hands cradles my face gently deepening the kiss.

He breaks the kiss moving hair from my face with his freehand kissing my forehead. "You are useful Y/n L/n. You are useful because you bring a light back to my heart that has been dead since my wife Evelyn died. Everyone on the ranch can see it in every little thing you do." He wiped some tears away from face until I smelled smoke making me rush back seeing the meat starting to burn. "Shit. No, no, no. John crap - I'm sorry." He stepped up moving the plate off the stove waving the smoke away resting a hand on my shoulder seeing that it wasn't as burnt as I was thinking. "Sssh Y/n, it's alright see. You still managed to make dinner for us. I know Kayce and Tate will eat anything you make." Throwing my arms around his neck I sighed into his embrace feeling him kiss the crown of my head. "Thank you, John..I don't feel so useless anymore." He mumbled into my hair smiling. "You're more useful to me than anything baby."

Two requests away from having written 120 Yellowstone requests!!! 😁 ❤️

Comments really appreciated