(JD) Enemies Sister

Request from MaryKatieFazio or whateverthecostner on Tumblr. I'd like to request John Dutton meeting Thomas Rainwaters sister and falling head over boots for her even though she's a lawyer and has been helping Thomas try to take the ranch. But maybe she changes her tune when she falls for John

Downing another shot of alcohol I feel the buzz shoot through my body after too many strong drinks to count. The front door of the bar opened and someone sits on the barstool beside me. Slightly turning my head I nearly dropped my full shot glass at who took the seat, John Dutton. He tips his brown cowboy hat up to see my face better in the low lighting. "Evening ma'am." The bartender gives him a beer as I try not to freak out here's sitting near me. My brother's enemy, or is he my enemy too since I'm helping my brother take his ranch. "So no hello for your competition, darlin'?" He spoke again I suppose trying to lighten the heavy silence between us.

I'd moved to Montana to help my brother build a big casino to give people a reason to come here. The catch is that he didn't expect anyone to be against his idea. Specifically one ranch owner John Dutton and all the other ranchers in this state. My brother said he needed a lawyer to help with all his documents with construction and such. That's why I am here in this bar tonight, drinking way more than I should've. This fight is stressing me out than anything I've ever faced in my career. I had to give to the Dutton's they sure as hell put up a fight. "Oh sorry how rude of me. Hi Mr. Dutton, I'm Y/n Rainwater." I stick out my hand that he actually shakes back to my suprise.

"Nice to me you Y/n. Call me John, please." His eyes stare into mine and I lightly blushed breaking my gaze from his. There's was something I couldn't ever dare tell my brother. That I find the cowboy handsome. He'd kick me out of his house if he found out. "So is there a rule that says your not aloud to go out with me for dinner or at least a ride home. Since you're a little drunk?" Whipping my head towards him I hang my mouth open stunned by his question. John wouldn't admit it out loud but he was suprised to have the question leave his lips. He'd been fighting himself for the past few weeks saying he shouldn't like you, but no matter how much he tries to deny it. His heart doesn't lie that he's falling for his enemies Sister.

Running my hands through my hair I feel my cheeks turning red once again at the very thought of maybe kissing him someday. "John, my brother can't know  - he'll never speak to me again. I want to but I-" He rests his hand ontop of my right making me pause, he tilts his head towards the door slightly smirking. "Who says he has to know. We could simply date in secret Y/n. Only if you're up for that sweetheart." Climbing from my barstool I pull on my jacket pulling him to his feet suddenly. "I'll go anywhere in secret with you. Now where to cowboy?" John leaves a tip on the counter leading me to his truck, once inside he leans over his counsel in his truck kissing me.

"John..." I breathe out kissing him back slowly tasting alcohol on both our lips. He rests his forehead against mine, after removing his cowboy hat throwing it on his dashboard. "I'll take you to the stars and beyond, Y/n." Grabbing his shirt in my hands I pulled him in for another heated kiss. He immediately kissed back cupping my face in his hands and this kiss leaves us both gasping for breath. Starting the truck he reaches over intertwining my freehand with his, freehand on the steering wheel. "I never thought I'd find my second love in the arms of my family's enemies." I chuckled squeezing his hand with a giggle. He brings my hand to his lips kissing it whispering back with a grin of his very own. "Neither in a million years did I. But I'm thinking this will be an adventure."

Comments really appreciated :)

Requests are OPEN