(JD) - JD's Suprise

Request from
SlytherinMalfoy25
Reader is engaged to John and pregnant with his child but he doesn't know. So the reader waits until he's better.

Brushing my hair from my face I finished throwing up in the bathroom of the Dutton house. Sliding down the bathroom door I put my face in my hands sighing heavily. There was no denying that I was pregnant. And it wasn't that I didn't want to be it's just, the father is John Dutton. John and I had started dating a few years after his wife died. I don't regret that we got together. I just knew he might not be up to raising another child considering we have been engaged a couple of weeks.

The front door opened and I could hear my soon to be husband shouting in the kitchen. Opening the door I walked down the stairs following him outside seeing him limping over towards a chair. "Come sit with me, darlin'." He waved me over with his right hand. Taking a seat beside him I warned what the doctors said. "The doctors said you shouldn't be up after the accident." John tilts his head my direction a scowling. "Y/n, I'll be fine. I can take care of myself." Intertwining my hand with his I bite my lip seeing him wince from the shooting on the side of the road. I knew right then I couldn't tell him about the baby. Not yet until he was better.

"John, can I tell you something?" I trailed off tracing patterns on his shirt. A few weeks have passed and he has improved. Kayce has been keeping a closer eye on him than anyone else on this ranch. "You can tell me anything, honey." He spoke looking up at the sunrise as we lay in the grass of the front yard on a blanket. Sitting up he holds himself up by his elbow. I take a deep breath taking his freehand in mine holding it over my growing belly. "I didn't want to tell you too soon after your accident. Because I was afraid you'd say no...but John I'm pregnant and it's yours." His eyes locked onto mine and I blushed when the only sound I can hear are the horses from the barn. What was I thinking of course he won't want it.

Suddenly he cups my face in his hands pulling me ontop of his chest. I gasped when he presses his lips to mine smiling into the kiss. "That's amazing my darlin'. I can't believe we're having a baby." I smiled brushing my hair so it quit falling in front of our faces. I released a sigh resting my hands on his chest. "I'm happy you're not mad-" He chuckled pulling me in for another kiss. "How could I be mad with the girl who helped me enjoy life after I lost my first love. I love you Y/n L/n." He blushes at the end since this is the first time he admitted it. Wrapping my arms around his neck I kissed him mumbling when the kiss got deeper. "I love you too, John Dutton."

Comments really appreciated :)