(RW) Rodeo Phonecall

Request from EbonyHogan The reader gets drunk at a rodeo and calls Rip her best friend. The next morning he takes care of her and reveals how he feels about what she said during their phone call last night.

Pressing the phone to my ear I hear it ring for a minute until my best friend Rip's voice came across. "Hey Y/n, long time hearing from you." I slur my words stumbling into the bleachers after having too many drinks. "Rippp, I'm having the time of me life. Seeing sta - stars." He chuckles through the phone at me, figuring out I'm not my sober self. "Are you drunk, babydoll?" I wave my freehand around in the air watching people leave the area. "Nah you've got confused - 10 beers wouldn't. I've got a secret  - don't tell Rip though..." The person on the phone replied with me hearing a door closed and a truck door being opened. "I'm  - damn straight  - in love with him....come get a ride." A truck engine starts up hearing the other guy responds. "I'm on my way, hang tight baby."

Someone shakes me awake as I'm asleep on the cold so I blinked my eyes open seeing a blury Rip Wheeler above me. "Rippp" I cheer holding my arms up swinging my legs over to stand up. Apparently my body says otherwise because I collapse against his chest feeling him picking me up bridal style. "Just rest now. I'm taking you to the ranch for the night." My eyes fall close playing with the zipper of his black jacket after that I don't remember anything. The next time I open my eyes again I immediately shut them seeing sunlight through a bedroom window. "Shit my head - where am I?" I groaned feeling my head pounding harshly.

"I brought you to the ranch since it was a closer drive. Here drink this it should help with the hangover." Rip explains handing me a cup of some sort of medicine that smells gross. He moves around the bedroom closing the certain so I'm not squinting to see his face. "I shouldn't have went to that show by myself. Because I clearly didn't care how much alcohol I drank." Running a hand through my hair I down the drink trying not to gag at the bitter taste. Truth is I don't understand why I'd drink this much. Usually I'll only have one or two but last night was something else. "Rip, dare I ask what did I do last night?" I hope to God nothings posted on the internet about me.

Rip sits on the bed taking my right hand in his gently tipping his hat up a little. "The only thing that you did was call me wasted drunk on the phone. And said something I was hoping you'd say to me for years now..." I'm not sure if it's real or not because of the hangover and lost memory but I swear I see his face turn red in a deep blush. "Rip, I'm at a loss here. What did I say?" I questioned my best friend of 5 years wanting to know if I'd messed something up between us. "Y/n, you said you're in love with me....did you mean it?" My entire body freezes and I want to just bury my entire body under the covers. It all comes back to me, the reason I drank so much last night. Was so that I'd stop worrying whether or not to tell my best friend I fucking love him.

"Ye - yes I love you..." I stuttered out feeling a burning of my cheeks avoiding his gaze. His freehand tilts my chin so I'm looking up at him to see he's smiling, a smile on his face is so rare and precious because he rarely smiles. "I love you too, Y/n L/n. Always have and always will until the day I die." Without thinking I fling my arms around his neck kissing him suddenly. He gasped at first then slowly kisses me back, his arms going around my waist pulling me into deepen it. Unfortunately we have to break for air but it a panting mess I grinned at this man. "I'll love until I die to. I always have and always will, Rip Wheeler." He smiled leaning up snd capturing my lips with his once more, pushing me onto my back making his hat fall on the floor. This is the best drunk phone call that actually worked out for me.

Comments really appreciated :)