75. *For The Best...*

Start from the beginning

There was no doubt as to who was behind that. Fucking Dino Ivanov! He surely wanted to get himself killed. Bastard!

"What do we do now?" Asked Enzo.

"We don't have to do anything." I replied. "The cazzo idiota will do it by himself." I exclaimed. "I know he's probably thinking that I'd react to what he did, but no."

He hummed in response, getting my point and simply nodded his head. "So....about earlier," He began saying, "...did you two were able to sort everything out?" He was referring to the talk I had with Maya in my office earlier.

"I'm going back to my room. Don't disturb me until it's something very important." I said instead of answering to his question. I turned around on my feet and started to walk back inside.

"You know I deserve to know, since it was me who brought her to you in the first place." I heard him saying. "She wouldn't have come otherwise." He sounded arrogant, but I just kept walking without giving him any response.

I was about to put my foot on the first step of the stairs when I heard her. I furrowed my eyebrows as I looked at my watch, it was past 12 at night what was she doing so late instead of being inside her bedroom.

I hadn't seen her after she had left the office room. I also had my dinner sent to my office since I had agreed on staying away from her, so I was keeping my words.

My body slightly turned around, ready to walk in her direction but then I halted. 'I want you to stay away from me.' Her words resonated in my head.

I could feel Enzo standing behind me. So, I turned around and gave him a look. "Go and check why she's out of her room at this hour of night." The idiota gave me a boring look and instead folded his hands. "Why don't you go and check?" He replied back with a smug look. "I'm your right hand man not your bitch." I so wanted to punch him in the face.

Before I could say back something he yawned and flex his arms out as if he was tired. "I'm feeling very sleepy. So if you'll excuse me I'm going to bed." He said and began walking away. "Night night capo." I heard him saying while I glared at his retreating figure. Cazzo idiota!

I looked back in the direction from where her voice was coming. Sighing to myself, I started moving in that direction. I couldn't just leave now, while she was up alone at this time of the night.

As I reached there, I saw her from behind. She was standing by the large window and she wasn't alone, because I could see other silhouette with whom she was talking. Walking towards them, I realised that the other person was Matteo, the young boy we I mean Maya had saved that day when she was coming back to Italy from Russia.

I remembered how I didn't want to let that homeless guy live with us, and be a part of my mafia family. But I just couldn't say no to Maya when she had almost begged me with her puppy dog eyes. Since then Matteo had been working with us. Because he was young and new to our mafia world, I had decided to put him into training first and I must say even though he was young but he was doing pretty well.

But what the fuck was he doing, standing here with Maya and talking at this time of the night? And besides he didn't know English, Maya didn't know Italian. Then how were they even communicating with each other?