- Chapter - Thirty - One -

A couple hours had passed, the movie was over Zayden had to go to the bathroom so Royal and Fatima was waiting by the bathroom for Zayden to come back out. Fatima was checking her email when a guy was walking over to approach Fatima.

Lamont: Fatima?

Fatima looked up from her, and seen who it was Fatima and Lamont go way back to colleges days, that was Fatima old fling, after graduating from college they decided to part ways, this is Fatima first time seeing him since college.

Fatima: Long time no see, how you been?

Lamont: I've been good, how about you? This you? (Pointing at Royal) and oh you married now who's the lucky guy?

Royal: Not you! (She crossed her arms)

Fatima: (Laughed) I am married, and this is my goddaughter.

Lamont: Is this Angela or Belinda kid?

Royal: Biggie is not my mommy

Fatima: Neither actually I don't even talk to them no more. Royal cut it out. (She made eye contact with Royal, Royal knew Fatima wasn't playing with her)

Royal: Sorry Auntie

Zayden made his way out the bathroom.

Zayden: Mom you ready? Who is this dude?

Fatima: Just a friend, and I'm ready baby, come on, nice seeing you Lamont.

Fatima grabbed Royal hand , and proceeded to walk away, but got stopped by Lamont response.

Lamont: Just an old friend huh?

Fatima: Exactly what you was (laughing) can you not? Thank you!

Lamont: I mean was I? Was I really just an old friend to you Fatima?

Zayden: dude if she said you was old friend then you was, mom come on dad waiting for us.

Fatima: Okay Zay, we're leaving.

Truth is they really was just old friends with benefits, but Lamont was really attached to Fatima, he always thought they was in relationship, but Fatima told everyone they was just friends who was just fucking, after graduating college, Lamont have try to reach out a couple times to Fatima, but Fatima cut all ties with him, Lamont was the dude who did the absolute most.

Fatima got Royal in the car, and Zayden got in the front seat and put his seatbelt on, Fatima got in the driver said and did the same thing, pulling off shortly after.

Zayden: Mom can I ask you something?

Fatima: Yeah you can ask me anything buddy what's on your mind?

Zayden: Have dad ever cheated on you?

Fatima: WHAT ZAY? Why would you ask that?

Zayden: I was on the phone with Nasir, and his brother was saying all this things about dad and how he was cheater

Fatima: Zay don't listen to that nonsense, your father never cheated on me.

Zayden: If he did would you leave him?

Fatima: Zayden why are you asking me these type of questions?

Zayden: Sometimes I just wonder if dad was to do something stupid not only would it hurt you but it would hurt me cause I'm not really your son

Fatima: Zayden you're mine just as much as Zyla, Zaria , and Zakai is .. if me and your dad wasn't to work out, I will never abandoned you, I have spent to many years with you, to gave that up. I feel like it something you not telling me, cause you asking these questions out the blew have me wondering what's going on with you Zay?

Zayden: Nothing mom.

Fatima: I know you pretty well, and it's something on your mind, so talk to me? What's going on?

Zayden didn't say nothing back, he just looked out the window the whole car ride home , Fatima knew something was up, this wasn't just about Jeremiah situation, something else was sitting heavy on Zayden mind, Fatima still decided to gave Zay his space, Royal ended falling asleep in the back seat.

About 25 minutes later they pulled up home, Nasir was sleeping on the couch, Zac was downstairs in his man cave, Fatima went to lay Royal down in the playroom, and Zayden went straight upstairs to his room. Fatima washed her hands, and went downstairs to the man cave, Zac attention was on the game, so Fatima didn't even bother to stay down there long, she told him she was home and kissed him going upstairs to her room, she took a shower and put on something comfy.
Fatima called Heather.

Fatima: I don't know Heather, it's like his whole energy have shifted this week, he's been more emotional than ever. And not only that he's quiet, Zayden have always been outspoken about his emotions I don't know what's going on.

Heather: I tried to call him a couple times today, he texted me and said he's not in the mood to talk to anybody, which is completely fine, but if he's shutting all of us out that's not good. Have Zac tried talking to him?

Fatima: They talked about the whole Jeremiah situation, I'm not sure what's this new situation is about, if there's anybody that could get him talking it's Nasir, but I don't wanna get between that. I want Zay to be able to express to somebody without him having to worry about somebody telling his business.

Heather: But also as his parents we need to figure what's going on with him, if he's not talking to you about it then something is definitely up cause Zayden goes to you about everything T.

Fatima: And that's why I'm starting to get worried, because he does... now all of sudden he want shut me out? I don't like that.

"DAMMIT" Zayden yelled throwing his controller across the room, Fatima heard him, telling Heather she'll call her back, Fatima got up and went to see what's that about. Fatima knocked on his door first without barging in, Zayden opened the door.

Fatima: For one watch that language , secondly what are you throwing stuff ?

Zayden: No reason

Fatima: In the car you said nothing was wrong, but didn't talk the whole car ride home okay fine, BUT NOW  you in here cussing, throwing your damn controller and I ask you why you say "no reason" I've try to gave you, your space Zayden but I'm losing my mind here trying to figure out what's wrong with you.. SO AGAIN WHATS WRONG? and I don't wanna hear it's "nothing" I'm starting to lose my patience.

Zayden: From this family to everything ITS ALL LIES (Zay expressed, bawling his fist up, punched his other hand, pacing around his room)

Fatima: What are you talking about what's all lies Zayden? start talking?!

Zayden: You said dad never cheated on you that's a lie!

Zac was walking up the steps when he heard what Zayden said.

Zac: cheated? What's going on up here? What's is he talking about?

Zayden had shut his door locking it, Zac was like 2 seconds from kicking it down but Fatima stopped him.