Alessandro pursed his lips, clearly, he wasn't expecting this reaction. "You should back up," he said, but Ollie only continued to stand his ground, which caused Alessandro to say, "It wasn't a suggestion. Back up."

My blood ran cold when I heard the click of a gun, Ollie suddenly whipping the small handgun out of the waistband of his tan dress pants, pointing it at Alessandro.

I didn't know what to do. I hadn't even got one word in and here we are, guns being waved at us.

Was Ollie really going to kill him over some deal? Or perhaps he was bluffing? Maybe he wanted to scare him?

I laughed internally, No he seems like the type to definitely kill someone over something this small.

Within seconds, the gun in Ollie's hand was on the ground. Alessandro was about to go in for a swing, but suddenly his arms were pulled behind him by two extremely tall and muscular men.

I wanted to gasp—to react, but I knew I needed to remain unbothered on the outside. I needed to act as if I was accustomed to this—when in reality this was my first time joining in on a mafia-related trip, and on top of that, having any sort of gun near me.

I don't think I've even seen a gun in person before.

"I wonder how people would react upon hearing that the big bad Alessandro Varese—ex-leader of the Vipers—was shot dead by a lower-class mafia leader," Ollie said, smiling wickedly. 

Alessandro gritted his teeth. "Retired leader not ex-leader," he corrected, causing Ollie's smile to drop within under a second.

The contrast of emotions was truly frightening, but I held my composure. If I don't move, maybe they won't notice I'm here.

No-no. I can't just let them kill Alessandro. I mean imagine how Armani would react.

That's even if I get to see her reaction. Given that they might actually kill me first.

Upon seeing the two guys tighten their grip on Alessandro—which earned a grunt from Alessandro's lips, I felt my fight-or-flight instincts kick in.

I needed to do something. And now.

Before I could contemplate the impulsive actions further, I reached down in under a second, grabbing the previously dropped gun and backing away from the scene for my own safety.

Upon hearing the clicking sound of the gun, everyone's attention snapped to me, Ollie almost instantly holding his hands up.

"Woah there—"

"Let him go," I said, and I felt surprised at how deep and cold my voice sounded. My tone was so chillingly unrecognizable.

Ollie took a step toward me, forcing me to take one back.

"I swear, I'll shoot you," I said, holding the gun tightly in my sweaty palms.

I was definitely bluffing. I couldn't shoot a man...

Taking someone's life felt so extreme. Then again, this situation escalated so quickly, that I practically got whiplash trying to keep up.

Could I really kill someone? Have someone's blood on my hands?

"Clearly, you won't. Just hand me the gun and I'll let you go," Ollie said, smiling in amusement as he continued to grow closer to me.

I felt every fiber in my body tense like one big muscle. I've never even held a gun before. I'm seriously going to be sick.

"Did you not hear me? I said let him go," I said, my voice growing louder and much rougher. Who even am I? Is this even me talking?

God, Armani where are you? Why did I even come? I should've just said I was too overloaded with work.