XXII

My Christmas List: December 10th
Give me the power to read Armani's true thoughts.

❆❆❆❆❆❆

My heavy eyes automatically fluttered open when the soothing alarm sounded. I looked around the dark room, slowly registering that I was in Armani's room, laying in her incredibly comfortable bed.

I also realized that we were full-on cuddling. Armani faced me as she held her arms around me. Our warm bodies were pressed together like a puzzle that yearned to stay together.

Sadly, that wasn't the outcome of our predicament. This puzzle would have to be pulled apart, piece by piece if needed.

Last night came back to me in waves. The lighter incident, Armani calming me down, and later falling asleep in Armani's bed as her fingers tangled in my hair and soothed me to sleep.

The entire night felt like a dream. And I seriously hoped I never had to wake up. 

Armani reached over to grab her phone, and I felt my stomach sink not wanting her to leave bed quite yet. But then I immediately realized how crazy that sounded. I'm not her girlfriend.

Even if I was, I couldn't expect her to stay in bed when she has a clear job to do. Heidi couldn't even do that.

Armani turned the alarm off, reaching back over to sit her phone down. I sat still waiting for her to take her leave and get out of bed, but she never did.

Maybe she's just really tired. This isn't and won't ever be a normal occurrence.

Even me sleeping in her bed in the first place won't be a normal occurrence—why does that revelation sting?

My eyes fluttered open for a second time when the sun became unbearably bright through the glass wall. I let out a soft sigh as I adjusted to the bright warm room. I felt incredibly well rested.

"Good morning," Armani said, her attractive voice raspy and soft. Her phone was in her hand that was halted in midair while her eyes stayed placed on me.

I looked up, realizing I was laying on her chest. My face grew hot, "Good morning?" I said, but it somehow came out as a question. "You're still... here?"

Armani chuckled, "Pointing out the obvious? Maybe I should give you some time to wake up fully," she said, her tone light and teasing.

I narrowed my eyes, tucking my frizzy hair out of my face as I sat up from the bed. "You know what I meant," I said, adjusting my legs into a crisscross position.

"I did," she said.

"So why are you still here?"

Armani sighed. "If you must know, I was tired," she said, which earned a slight nod from me. However, my heart rate quickened when she suddenly added, "And maybe... I was comfortable."

I smiled slightly, comfortable as in... Comfortable with how we were cuddling? I pushed the thought away—I'm reaching. She's simply saying she was comfortable, which is easily achieved in this bed.

I'm sure she'd be much more comfortable with Heidi. Clearly, Armani only pitied me last night and that's why I'm here.

"I can see the wheels turning in your head," Armani said. "What is it?"

I pursed my lips. "Nothing."

Armani tilted her head, her expression blank, which signaled that she knew I was lying.

"Was your comfortability due to the bed or..." I trailed off, looking between us as a sign that I was referring to us.

Armani nodded, picking up on what I was saying. She sat her phone down to her side, giving me her full attention. "Well, I—"