XLV

My Christmas List: December 20th
Give me a better warning about extravagant surprises.

❆❆❆❆❆❆

"Armani this is a plane," I said, staring at the stairway leading to the matte black plane marked Varese on the tail end.

She only laughed, "I see that—I think anyone with eyes can see that Mi."

I turned to her with a narrowed look, "Now is not the time for sarcasm," I said, lightly hitting her shoulder.

Armani sighed dramatically with a smile still slightly prominent on her lips. "Just get on the plane Mi."

"Do you even hear how insane that sounds?" I said, placing a hand on my hip, which inevitably made Armani's dark eyes briefly divert to it. "I mean how long will we be gone? Do we even have clothes? Where are we even goi—"

"Miracle," Armani cut me off, staring down at me with nothing but seriousness—the look itself sent chills through me. "Get on the plane before I drag you on there myself."

I scoffed, shaking my head.

Now is not the time to pull the attractive 'I'm the boss' card. It's not going to work on me...

Not right now at least.

"You wouldn't and you're not helping the situ—"

But I was promptly cut off by my own yelp when Armani leaned down and threw me over her shoulder.

"Armani I swear to god," I called out, but she only laughed.

She walked up the stairs, "You should've listened."

I kicked my feet, "Let me down, now."

"I thought we just discussed who gives the orders around here," she said, which only made my irritation grow further. "I'll answer all your questions just as soon as we get up in the air—you know better then anyone that I don't have time to waste."

I huffed, noticing from my upside-down view, that we were on the plane. The air smelt of lavender and felt like a warm hug after experiencing the chill of Chicago's air, while the interior seemed to have the reoccurring theme of black and gold.

Armani let me down, gently setting me down in one of the black plush chairs.

Her dark eyes peered down at me, but I only looked out of the window, keeping my arms crossed.

"So this is what you're going to do? Behave like a child?" she said, but I only stayed silent. "Fine, but we all know you can't ignore me for long."

I ignored her statement and kept staring out of the window at the tarmac. I wouldn't say I was mad. I just wish a surprise that big came with notice. I mean how long are we even leaving for? We both have jobs—mine with a more permanent location. Also, she never gave me any notice to pack. A trip isn't something you just randomly throw on someone right at takeoff, I could've used an hour's notice at least. And on top of that, I don't even know where we're going.

Then again, I could if I asked. But if I stop pouting, that would require me to put my pride to the side and I'm not willing to do that yet.

And by the way, Armani is sitting on the long black couch with her laptop out and her attention placed on anywhere but me, I would have to say she's not willing to put her pride aside in general.

So that's how we sat for what felt like forever but was actually a red-eye flight. I didn't want to fall asleep, but with the comfortable chair, lavender-infused air, and my heavy eyes—I didn't really have a choice in the matter.