XI

My Christmas List: December 5th
Please don't let Armani choose Heidi's company.

❆❆❆❆❆❆

Armani sat beside me at the long dining room table filled with people dressed fully in black. Everyone was conversing amongst themselves as they enjoyed their breakfast, and I oddly found them all normal for once. Their conversations were perfectly normal and consisted mostly of how good the food was, what the plans were for later, and sports.

"Good morning Boss," I heard a familiar deep voice greet, causing me to look over.

Roman stood there in a black long-sleeve t-shirt and black jeans.

Armani nodded in his direction as he sat across from us. "Good morning Ro."

Roman's light eyes looked over at me. "I've seen you too many times to not know your name."

As if everyone were eavesdropping, the table got completely silent. Waiting for my answer. I felt surprised and anxious, being put on the spot so suddenly.

"I'm Mira," I said, forcing a smile even if I felt uncomfortable and completely out of my element.

Roman nodded, smiling. "Great to meet you, Mira," he said. "Everyone's clearly interested in you, which I'm sure you can tell by their sudden silence."

And just like that everyone went back to their side conversations, causing Roman to smile happily, grabbing a piece of bacon from the shiny black platter.

I furrowed my brows, he must have some type of status for everyone to react that way.

Armani shook her head at the man, but it seemed like a gesture of respect. "I think they're more scared of you, rather than me."

Roman laughed. "As if, Ani. I swear they won't even look at you," he said. "Oh, also are you coming to Viper's tonight? We're celebrating Dominico being back."

My ears perked up, recognizing the name as the snake symbol I'd seen almost everywhere.

Armani raised a brow. "So you knew he was back?"

Roman pursed his lips. "Not until this morning, I had to let him up to your level."

So Roman has a key card to Armani's level? And everyone also seems afraid of him? He has to have some kind of status.

"I wish I would've had more time to prepare," Armani said, sighing through her nose.

Roman raised a brow. "He always shows up unannounced? What's the issue?"

"He thought..." she trailed off, briefly looking at me before reflecting her stare back to Roman. "You know what, we'll discuss it later."

I looked between Roman and Armani—what was she planning to discuss with him? Was it about me? Maybe I'm going out on a limb, but it feels like it is. What would they say about me? Would it be good or bad?

"Ms. Cadieux, are you ready to leave?" Armani asked, looking down at my empty plate.

I pursed my lips—picking up on how she formally addressed me. It's like she can flip a switch and act professional and then later flip it back. Ultimately, it's confusing. She's confusing. Then again, she's only confusing because I'm feeding into my overthinking thoughts.

I'm making this entire thing confusing for myself.

I cleared my throat, nodding. "Yes, I'm done," I said, rising from the table.

Armani said a brief goodbye to Roman before leading us to the entrance of the estate, beginning the walkthrough. And I'm glad I assumed it would last hours... because it did. Then again, this 'house' is like a hotel or maybe even larger.