VII

My Christmas List: December 4th
Please give me answers.

❆❆❆❆❆❆

When I awoke, I was instantly confused with my surroundings. It looked like I was in... a hospital room? Why—how did I get here?

I blinked a few times sitting up in the bed, groaning when my head struck with pain. "Fuck," I said, whispering harshly.

As I looked around the room, I furrowed my brows deeper. This hospital room was oddly modern. The floors were black marble and the bed I was in looked like a normal hospital bed—but much more expensive looking. The lights were dim and comforting rather than bright and irritating, like in a normal hospital. The white curtain drawn around me seemed to be the only normal thing here.

"Ah, you're awake," I heard a familiar smooth voice say.

I turned my head, seeing Armani was now standing in the room, closing the curtain behind her. I felt slightly relieved when I noticed she was in the same clothes—along with myself. I'm glad I wasn't out for too long.

"How long was I asleep for?" I asked, knowing I had numerous things to do. And... oh my god. The meeting with the caterers. "The meeting we had—"

"Is taken care of. I already met with the caterers," she said, cutting me off as her dark eyes stared down at me. "You've only been out for a few hours."

My stomach dropped. "How long is a few?"

"Around five," she answered nonchalantly, but it easily made my stomach sink further.

I frowned, trying to not freak out, but I swear my heart was racing. "I have so many things to do."

"One of those things should include eating," Armani said, her tone more serious than I've ever heard it, which said a lot. "You seemed to forget to do so, and that's why you passed out."

I stayed silent, not knowing exactly what to say. I forgot to eat numerous times before, but this... has never happened. I guess not eating combined with copious amounts of stress isn't a great combo.

"It happens. I'll eat but I have to get back to work," I said, laying up from the oddly comfortable hospital bed.

Armani sighed through her nose, pressing her hand to my shoulder. "You're eating first," she said.

I frowned. I really wanted to get back to work considering all of the hours I just wasted, but a part of me knew Armani wasn't going to let this go.

"Okay, I'll go eat right now," I said, standing from the bed—but when stars invaded my vision and my legs grew wobbly, I reached out for the nearest thing for support.

And that nearest thing happened to be Armani.

"I'll be coming with you," she said, holding her hand to my back to help support me.

I stared at her like she had two heads—I really don't need a babysitter. "I'm sure I'll be fine."

Armani tilted her head. "It wasn't up for debate," she said. "Besides I'm positive you wouldn't be fine."

"I'm sure I would be," I said, knowing I was pushing her patience—but I also didn't want to be in her presence for much longer. She was so attractive and intimidating... I couldn't imagine eating in front of her.

"Again, it wasn't up for debate," she said, sliding her hand across my back, resting it on my waist. "Come on, I have things to handle later."

I blinked a few times, nodding my head as she guided us out of the hospital room and into a hallway with the same theme as the room. The dim lights lined the edges of the hall as we walked past the reception area and waited at the elevator.