IV

My Christmas List: December 2nd
Please don't let me get lost in this enormous estate.

❆❆❆❆❆❆

After a tour that lasted over an hour, I managed to successfully view the entire compound. Well, except for the lower floors, which seemed to be protected by higher security, for whatever the case is.

The first floor, which is the entrance level, had three living rooms, two kitchens—which didn't include the hidden chef's kitchen, and two dining rooms along with an enormous formal dining room.

The backyard looked like it was out of an aesthetically modern country club. The perfectly green grass was littered with flecks of white snow, a large infinity pool in the middle—the largest I had seen—three different gazebos with a large bar located underneath each one, and there were even paths that lead out to a basketball court and a running trail.

The second and third floors of the estate held rooms for any of the workers, which I assumed meant that there was a lot of help. The fourth floor was rooms for anyone who worked for Armani closely—whatever that meant.

The fifth floor as I knew, was the level with the conference rooms and offices. The sixth floor was the entertainment level, and I swear it felt like I was at a mall. Since the compound spans so many acres of land, a singular level is much larger than I'd expect.

The sixth level didn't have marbled floors or clean white walls all the way through it. Instead, the theme changed wherever you went. The food court had restaurants and quick dining options like Panda Express, Cinnabon, Starbucks, A classic Chicago pizzeria, and even a couple of bars and clubs. There was even an arcade that felt like Dave and Buster's but it was called The Vipers, which ironically I had seen the snake symbol almost everywhere I went. The arcade had the classic arcade carpet and matching black walls, and they even had a restaurant in there actually mimicking Dave and Buster's.

There was also a bowling alley and skating rink on the sixth level, which also followed its own theme. I found the different themes cool, compared to the minimalist theme I had been seeing. Although, I really did hope that I wouldn't have to decorate all of these levels though.

The seventh level was another level dedicated to people who worked closely with Armani, but Arthur specified that these people were a little more special and were considered her go-to people. The last floor was the eighth floor, which was dedicated entirely to Armani. I'm sure the eighth floor alone was bigger than my penthouse—or even a house. I never got to see it since it has key card protection which only Armani and any other trusted people hold.

I wanted to see what was apparently called the Underground, but Arthur said that it needed key card access as well, so that was off the table.

Even if it had been well over an hour, I found myself back in the same conference room, waiting for Armani to return. What was she doing? And why was it taking so long?

I shook my head. I'm thankful that she's my only client currently or I'd be passed out due to stress right now. Almost two hours have been wasted—two hours that I could've spent doing much more beneficial things. Like... working? Or possibly relaxing.

I laughed. As if I could relax right now. I can barely sleep.

When the door opened, and Armani walked in, I almost let out a sigh of relief. Time to finish this up so I can go back to the office. Or at least go home if it takes more of my time up.

"Ms. Cadieux, I assume the tour went well?" Armani asked, sitting down in her original seat in front of me.

I forced a smile, which I knew wasn't the slightest bit believable. "So well," I said, but the flatness in my tone easily pointed out how badly I didn't want to be here anymore.